+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zahore

Re: Zahore

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure why you expect a squad that has, to a large degree, spent two and a half seasons proving that it is pretty dreadful at playing pass and move football to suddenly change it's character when it finds itself in the bottom three with the season almost half over.

Teams don't tend to win relegation battles with pretty pass and move football - I'd love to see us playing that way because I've not seen many Cardiff sides do that down the years, but I'm afraid we don't have enough midfielders or defenders good enough to play that way currently. Given the way Warnock teams tend to play, it would be pie in the sky to think he would send out this group of players to perform in the way you seem to expect them to - apparently (I say apparently because I saw very little evidence of the type of football we were told we were going to see from a Paul Trollope team) we were trying to play more pass and move stuff at the start of the season and look where that got us.
    My answer was in reply to a poster who was complimenting our quality of pass and movement in the 2nd half which I failed to see.

The improvement 2nd half was because we had a big lump up front so our long balls had someone to aim for rather than coming straight back like they did in the first half.

I won 2 tickets in a fundraiser for last night and if the defence smashing the ball as quick and as hard as they can up the pitch is the quality of fair on offer down the City at the moment then I wont be spending any of my own money watching that crap.

A slight improvement on the last game I went to v QPR but it is not difficult to understand why there was barely 8000 actual attendees in the ground last night.

Ive seen better quality games down Penydarren Park this season.

He showed same pace too especially when he ran back and tackled their striker

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Sorry mate I know we normally agree but what I seen tonight there is no style of play it was awful.

Two poor teams we just played for set pieces and got back into the game through one.

Peltier at left back was shocking. His distribution isn't great at right back but on his wrong side? Awful
    You know my views on football mate and I'd love to see us playing a more attractive style of football.
    Seeing Connolly and Peltier as full backs would usually make me want to cry but having witnessed how inept we were under Trollope and the lack of fight and imagination in the team i am willing to run with our 'style of play' at present.

I do get more joy out of watching Hoilett than most players we have had over the last few years and i do believe that Warnock will add more creativity in attacking areas in January.

Warnock is a savvy football man and listening to him speak last week in Snowy's i couldn't help but be impressed.

He seemed to have a short term plan (to get us out of this mess) a medium term plan (to challenge for promotion) and a long term plan (to advance the academy and bring players through). This was all music to my ears and i think after next season he'll be looking to take a roll upstairs.

I think Peltier was on the left last night with one task in mind and that was to nullify Helder Costa. The 'old school' he did on him early doors was enough to see the back of him for the rest of the game so it was job done.

Zohore was decent all round. I don't want to go too far cos he could be shit again saturday but i thought his touch and movement were decent and his power and pace were clearly evident and his work rate was off the scale.

Warnock has clearly stated that as a squad we have massive shortcomings so stick with it mate and I'm sure there will be much better football to come in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Agreed. Best we have seen of him yet. Showed great composure to hold onto ball until just the right time to lay off for Pilks goal. There were other options but he took the right one. Great team effort in 2nd half. Very gutsy and a very important 3 points.
    Spedger
    Fully agree with Spedger

Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    You know my views on football mate and I'd love to see us playing a more attractive style of football.
    Seeing Connolly and Peltier as full backs would usually make me want to cry but having witnessed how inept we were under Trollope and the lack of fight and imagination in the team i am willing to run with our 'style of play' at present.

I do get more joy out of watching Hoilett than most players we have had over the last few years and i do believe that Warnock will add more creativity in attacking areas in January.

Warnock is a savvy football man and listening to him speak last week in Snowy's i couldn't help but be impressed.

He seemed to have a short term plan (to get us out of this mess) a medium term plan (to challenge for promotion) and a long term plan (to advance the academy and bring players through). This was all music to my ears and i think after next season he'll be looking to take a roll upstairs.

I think Peltier was on the left last night with one task in mind and that was to nullify Helder Costa. The 'old school' he did on him early doors was enough to see the back of him for the rest of the game so it was job done.

Zohore was decent all round. I don't want to go too far cos he could be shit again saturday but i thought his touch and movement were decent and his power and pace were clearly evident and his work rate was off the scale.

Warnock has clearly stated that as a squad we have massive shortcomings so stick with it mate and I'm sure there will be much better football to come in the new year.
    I wish i posted this

If we had not improved on the first half ,whcih was the worse I've seen in many a year ,we should have begged the league to relegate us then, and put us out of our misery , that is why we all got excited about Kenneth's performance bless him , its was so bad in the first half ,people are now viewing Kenneth's performance on a par with Marco Van Basten in his prime

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If we had not improved on the first half ,whcih was the worse I've seen in many a year ,we should have begged the league to relegate us then, and put us out of our misery , that is why we all got excited about Kenneth's performance bless him , its was so bad in the first half ,people are now viewing Kenneth's performance on a par with Marco Van Basten in his prime
    I personally got excited about Zohore's performance because he was not only hustling their backs but usually ending up with taking the ball off them too. This was in addition to a Lambert-esque ability to win the long ball out of defence and make something of it.

I don't really care what name is attached to a player - I look at what they actually do when on the pitch and if we're playing with a target man then someone who can consistently do what Zohore did last night is enough for what we need in this league IMO.

The raw attributes of pace, power and control along with good decision making were shown by Zohore last night - that is exciting for a fan as it implies there could be a lot more to come if he can build on this display. Sometimes it just takes confidence to take the final step to becoming a good player. Let's wait and see. Knowing Cardiff he'll be shit on Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Adebayor was complete turd for a good period before it clicked.

He could barely control the ball.

Lanky strikers need time.
    One for the future.

Is it me but did Zohore look like he'd lost a bit of weight and improved his fitness?
    It's easy to write him off as a big lump but he was tackling back and making forward runs.
    Maybe he now needs a run of games?
    I still think he needs a nippy striker to play off him though.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Is it me but did Zohore look like he'd lost a bit of weight and improved his fitness?
    It's easy to write him off as a big lump but he was tackling back and making forward runs.
    Maybe he now needs a run of games?
    I still think he needs a nippy striker to play off him though.
    Yes he did look leaner, to be fair he can shift for a big man ,which was great for us last night , when we needed to close down defenders and harass em and open the channels for the wider lads , good bench man not a 90 minute man yet IMO.

Thing is he is too similar to Lambert except but Lambert is a better finisher and has the footballing brain.

Kenny might be fitter and stronger though so will always just be an impact player, picked when lambert is injured or maybe potentially picked against a certain type of defence. I can't see how that's going to help his career

The highlights made it look like the most impressive performance from one of our strikers this year.