+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love to have been a fly on the wall half time

Love to have been a fly on the wall half time

What a turn around 2nd half.
    Went from a Russell Slade performance to the Neil Warnock performance team we need to get used to.
    Thoroughly deserved and fantastic tactical substitutions.
    Whilst Amos may have screwed up for their goal he more than made up for it with a fantastic save 2nd half.
    Zahore did well as did Noone when they came on. Gunnarsson was my personal motm, what a transformation under NW he has been.

Re: Love to have been a fly on the wall half time

Picked the wrong fecking team to start with so don't see why he gets any credit for the 2nd half tbh

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Picked the wrong fecking team to start with so don't see why he gets any credit for the 2nd half tbh
    You're in a really grumpy mood tonight. He clearly got it wrong first half and changed it decisively at half time. I don't ever recall a double half time substitution before and he had the confidence to not only change it but to then put on the right players too. I was calling for Harris and Lambert but you can't say he didn't work to get back a game I thought we'd blown. Surely that deserves some credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You're in a really grumpy mood tonight. He clearly got it wrong first half and changed it decisively at half time. I don't ever recall a double half time substitution before and he had the confidence to not only change it but to then put on the right players too. I was calling for Harris and Lambert but you can't say he didn't work to get back a game I thought we'd blown. Surely that deserves some credit?
    No it doesn't

I can't stand managers who play people out of position substitutes or not,

"Our Neil" got lucky tonight

No it doesn't

Who was played out of position? Richardson and Immers were played in positions they've played many times before. They were just incapable of making any impact on the game for whatever reason. Immers looked like he was carrying a hamstring injury and was lacking in confidence, while Richardson just looked completely lacking in confidence

Agreed. I was a little disappointed when it was Noone rather than Harris, but Warnock was proved right. It's not the first time Noone has been dropped and then come back with good performance, only to slip straight back into mediocre performances, hopefully he can sustain some good form this time.
    Saturday I'd like to see him and Hoilett alternate like Harris and Hoilett have done so that Noone has the opportunity to try and get round the full back, something he hardly ever does on the right.

No it doesn't

What was lucky about the 2nd half performance? I mean, if we'd scored 2 deflected efforts against the run of play I'd understand but we were pretty much camped in Wolves half for the entire 2nd period other than their one shot

Who was played out of position? Richardson and Immers were played in positions they've played many times before. They were just incapable of making any impact on the game for whatever reason. Immers looked like he was carrying a hamstring injury and was lacking in confidence, while Richardson just looked completely lacking in confidence
    He played Connolly and Peltier out of position.

I thought Connolly struggled and made quite a few mistakes and Peltier wasn't as effective as a left back. I know that Connolly has played right back quite a few times, especially under Malky, however I would have gone with Peltier as RB and Bennett on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    What was lucky about the 2nd half performance? I mean, if we'd scored 2 deflected efforts against the run of play I'd understand but we were pretty much camped in Wolves half for the entire 2nd period other than their one shot
    How many clear cut chances did we have?

How many saves did their keeper make?

It was an awful game played by 2 rubbish sides.

A centre half right back and the right back left back?!?!

It was an awful game devoid of any quality
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 14-12-16 at 00:19.

3, we scored from 2.
    1, we scored the other 2 chances (the save was a brilliant stop from Noone early 2nd half)

Thought Peltier did well but I thought the worst after his early yellow card and thought Connolly did well all game.

Good managers make bad decisions, but recover from them. Wrong team from the start? Yes. Deserves credit for the recovery? Absofookinglutely.

What were you expecting with both teams in poor form, and at the wrong end of the table? It was a grind, as all games will be until we are out of the bottom 6 and safe.

No it doesn't

Name me a manager who has never played a player out of position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Name me a manager who has never played a player out of position.
    Eddie May

3, we scored from 2.
    1, we scored the other 2 chances (the save was a brilliant stop from Noone early 2nd half)

Thought Peltier did well but I thought the worst after his early yellow card and thought Connolly did well all game.
    You should have gone to specsavers

Eddie May
    Derek Brazil.

You should have gone to specsavers
    perhaps but I'm happy with my team tonight, why can't you be? What are you expecting? Free flowing attacking football with a plethora of goals? If so, welcome to the Championship.

perhaps but I'm happy with my team tonight, why can't you be? What are you expecting? Free flowing attacking football with a plethora of goals? If so, welcome to the Championship.

Plainly someone who never goes to games or, if he does, goes to games once in a blue fooking moon. Who wants free-flowing football when you are in the bottom three? It's time for a scrap.

Plainly someone who never goes to games or, if he does, goes to games once in a blue fooking moon. Who wants free-flowing football when you are in the bottom three? It's time for a scrap.
    Wolves go one up, away from hone, and should have opened the game and up with some free flowing football?

They tried to spoil 88 mins of the game, and nearly got away with it!

Maybe they should have sat back more, or gone for a second and let us play a bit more eh?

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Wolves go one up, away from hone, and should have opened the game and up with some free flowing football?

Maybe they should have sat back more, or gone for a second and let us play a bit more eh?
    All to entertain one clown who was sat at home eating a pot noodle and watching Jeff Stelling.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post

All to entertain one clown who was sat at home eating a pot noodle and watching Jeff Stelling.

Ccfc casual is absolutely barking mad.

I've never seen such bollocks delivered with such conviction

Derek Brazil.
    THIS^^^^^

yep , the half time conversation went like this apparently crap