+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Care Is It Just This Governments Fault

Re: Social Care Is It Just This Governments Fault

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Tight fisted, but caring people , its the same in Europe, families are families forever , we are a society that this somewhat insular with our immediate married family, and appear to disperse the family, rather than gather in and protect .
    You almost get the feeling with Brits that they are spending their inheritance before their parents bodies are cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You see very few Muslims and even fewer Hindus in British care homes because it's a culturally shameful act. They feel it is a family responsibility to care for their elderly rather than the state's. Plus, particularly with regards to Hindus, in my experience, I found them to be extremely tight-fisted.
    My mate is a muslim and when his elderly mother became terminally ill he moved her in with him and his family and packed in work to look after her. He never claimed any benefits for doing this, his brothers stumped up the money for bills etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Clearly it could have been better funded at any point in recent history. But make no bones about it, this disaster has been caused by this government and the coalition one before it.
    A council leader was on the radio earlier saying that their social care budget had been slashed from 400 million to 200 million in the last 5 years, through austerity measures.

This has a massive impact on the nhs ability to function correctly.

I think social care should be taken off the local authorities and given to the nhs to run, then they could run it in a way which saves money for the nhs
    You do know that this is devolved, right?