+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: black friday

black friday

the UK version has been killed it seems.

You can't even find out if it is today or next friday because type "black friday" into a search engine and you know what will come up.

The only result for the UK one is on wikipedia and it says black friday is both today and next week, when it said it was only today when I looked on there last week.

Todays is christmas jumper day according to twitter.

A great tradition down the drain and it its place crap materialism!.

Re: black friday

It's Sunny blue Friday down Penarth Marina some kids even playing cricket. Global warming , yup

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I saw the figures the other day for income from booze to the government. Not including the takings from food and other things that go with alcohol.

It absolutely dwarfs the cost of alcohol related treatment in the health service.

That doesn't go into how the NHS is having its time wasted though.

But the government don't crack down for a reason.

I've heard it said that we have two Black Friday's this Christmas.

On a slightly related note as I drove through Groes Faen a short while ago the bus heading towards Talbot Green was being driven by Santa. Not just a christmas jumper wearer but a full blown santa outfit with big white beard. Looked quite surreal, especially as it's about 12 degs and sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I've heard it said that we have two Black Friday's this Christmas.

On a slightly related note as I drove through Groes Faen a short while ago the bus heading towards Talbot Green was being driven by Santa. Not just a christmas jumper wearer but a full blown santa outfit with big white beard. Looked quite surreal, especially as it's about 12 degs and sunshine.

Couldn't have been Santa, as I saw him driving a lorry in Cardiff this morning. !