+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coventry fans protest

Coventry fans protest

Fans just run on the pitch before the end of a televised game with banners and chanting SISU OUT

Should we have done the same at the height of our plight? We had a lot more fans than they do!

Re: Coventry fans protest

Billy sharp just scored 86th min:.I was gonna stick a tenner on him just before the protest..

Bastards

I think the shit they are in is far worse than what happened to us.
    Ours was over in a few years , and we had a fair bit of success to numb the pain. Even though overall looking back it was a horrible experience, they have suffered for a decade now with no signs of it changing.

As for numbers of fans, Coventry is a decent sized City with a lot of support.
    A couple of years back they were getting massive crowds in league 1.

I have a lot of sympathy for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ours was over in a few years.
    are you for real? our mess is still ongoing. the only difference between us and them is they are trying to stay in League 1 and we are trying to stay out of it.

Parachute payments ending soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    are you for real? our mess is still ongoing. the only difference between us and them is they are trying to stay in League 1 and we are trying to stay out of it.

Your new username is as shit as your old avatar Russell

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Your new username is as shit as your old avatar Russell
    Are you STILL upset over the ratings thread 1 game a season man?

And, do you think only one person in the world disagrees with you, but posts under many different names?

What an arrogant, self obsessed, paranoid loony tunes you are.

You know nothing about the game, you rarely go to watch the game, you can't cope with a different opinion, you resort to abuse or you make shit up about anyone who dares to disagree with you.

Get over yourself. I would suggest you go to a different forum, but I think you've exhausted all your options now. I remember you left the other board with your tail between your legs after getting pistol whipped by the bigger boys.

Do one, and take your paranoia with you as well.

Are you STILL upset over the ratings thread 1 game a season man?

And, do you think only one person in the world disagrees with you, but posts under many different names?

What an arrogant, self obsessed, paranoid loony tunes you are.

You know nothing about the game, you rarely go to watch the game, you can't cope with a different opinion, you resort to abuse or you make shit up about anyone who dares to disagree with you.

Get over yourself. I would suggest you go to a different forum, but I think you've exhausted all your options now. I remember you left the other board with your tail between your legs after getting pistol whipped by the bigger boys.

Do one, and take your paranoia with you as well.

You know him quite well for a new poster.

Rubbish - nothing like them!!!!!!

Weve got the Cardiff City Stadium. They dont have their own ground and that has even had them playing in Northampton.at one point!!!!

West Ham maybe should have protested before their home was turned to rubble.

We are on the road to recovery. Sadly we even have a group of our own fans who dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    You know him quite well for a new poster.
    Is this the only Cardiff MB?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rubbish - nothing like them!!!!!!

Weve got the Cardiff City Stadium. They dont have their own ground and that has even had them playing in Northampton.at one point!!!!

West Ham maybe should have protested before their home was turned to rubble.

We are on the road to recovery. Sadly we even have a group of our own fans who dont like it.
    I wonder who those fans are.

Is this the only Cardiff MB?
    It's the only one that matters.

Ours was over in a few years , and we had a fair bit of success to numb the pain. Even though overall looking back it was a horrible experience...
    In other words, we rolled over, lubed ourselves and took it up the arse for a glitter and gold.

Not true. Those who turned up at the stadium week in week out to watch their team were, if like me, found the whole saga to be very stressful and hopeless.

But the same as when Clemo, Cadman and Kumar spouted their shite I was still there.

The support was spilt and that hangover still affects the atmosphere and crowd numbers, I've seen people post how they despise Tan for red and losing our Identity but welcomed the cash and players bought on the knock by Hammam that Tan ended up paying for out of his pocket.

Short memories and empty pockets by a lot of "supporters" who pick and choose when to go and support Cardiff. If it's in your blood, it's in your blood.

Well done to Coventry fans but they're situation was/is nothing like ours. In fact we were the victims of wanting and having, they are the victims of needing and not getting.

No comparison whatsoever.
    We've got a decent side and lovely stadium.
    An owner who's paid our debts and is now writing off what we owe him.
    We've had Championship success and Prem football for 15 years and still get 15k average crowds.

By the way we have another season after this of parachutes .

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    In other words, we rolled over, lubed ourselves and took it up the arse for a glitter and gold.

Depends how you feel about it.
    I felt worse when we were 90th in the league and virtually everyone I knew who had supported the club had given up, with less than 2000 in the stadium at times and no sign of it ending.

Ours was over in a few years , and we had a fair bit of success to numb the pain. Even though overall looking back it was a horrible experience, they have suffered for a decade now with no signs of it changing.

As for numbers of fans, Coventry is a decent sized City with a lot of support.
    A couple of years back they were getting massive crowds in league 1.

I have a lot of sympathy for them.
    It would depend on how you measure it, although Coventry are one of a few who could also say their owners at one time wanted to fundamentally eradicate what the club is meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftofcenter View Post
    Not true. Those who turned up at the stadium week in week out to watch their team were, if like me, found the whole saga to be very stressful and hopeless.

But the same as when Clemo, Cadman and Kumar spouted their shite I was still there.

The support was spilt and that hangover still affects the atmosphere and crowd numbers, I've seen people post how they despise Tan for red and losing our Identity but welcomed the cash and players bought on the knock by Hammam that Tan ended up paying for out of his pocket.

Short memories and empty pockets by a lot of "supporters" who pick and choose when to go and support Cardiff. If it's in your blood, it's in your blood.

Well done to Coventry fans but they're situation was/is nothing like ours. In fact we were the victims of wanting and having, they are the victims of needing and not getting.
    ��Each to their own Steve.

I've no qualms with those who accepted the ideas and changes implemented by Tan. It was a personal choice, I did think 'we' would've reacted differently but the will wasn't really there.

The promise of top level football and imagined success was on offer so compromises had to be made.

Your term "supporters" is an interesting one, don't you mean paying customers? Tans ephipany/backtracking on 'returning to blue' was due to supporters/paying customers not coming through the door.

Personally, I don't think it's had that much affect one way or another. City's crowds have always been fickle. Bottom line is success will bring them in.

Keep the faith butt.

��

Never lost faith just losing the buzz.
    The "Toshack taxi driver excuse" is one that gets revisited when we drop a division or two. There's always been reasons not to go or to have a season off but that's the same with 90% of teams. My kids have experienced 100% more high profile cardiff games in the last ten years than I did in 30 but if I hadn't ridden the shite fest out then they would probably be Chelsea or United fans with no allegiance. Tan made mistakes but he also stopped us from doing a pompey, which being Welsh probably would have meant dropping even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftofcenter View Post
    Never lost faith just losing the buzz.
    The "Toshack taxi driver excuse" is one that gets revisited when we drop a division or two. There's always been reasons not to go or to have a season off but that's the same with 90% of teams. My kids have experienced 100% more high profile cardiff games in the last ten years than I did in 30 but if I hadn't ridden the shite fest out then they would probably be Chelsea or United fans with no allegiance. Tan made mistakes but he also stopped us from doing a pompey, which being Welsh probably would have meant dropping even further.
    The football and matchstick experience is far removed from what old duffers' are used to. Whether that's for the better I leave everyone to make up their own minds.

You done a good job getting your kids interested. My oldest hates football and prefers Strictly. Oh the joy.😂

Have a good Christmas butt.🎅