+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary, but, honestly, is anyone surprised by this?

Scary, but, honestly, is anyone surprised by this?

Re: Scary, but, honestly, is anyone surprised by this?

The whole idea of America now being a rogue state has been entirely created by the media.

Trump said numerous times he wants a reduction in war, only targeting the islamic peasants in the middle east.

We'll see if that happens mind.

The Guardian yesterday released an article on May working with trump. As usual, the readership insulted her. No "Moral compass" yada yada yada.

Then she gave a speech emphasising pacifism.

They gave that a few lines and didn't create a new article, just updating the above one so all the abuse remained at the top of the comments.

Either way they looked rather silly.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 27-01-17 at 08:46.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The whole idea of America now being a rogue state has been entirely created by the media.

Trump said numerous times he wants a reduction in war, only targeting the islamic peasants in the middle east.

The Guardian yesterday released an article on May working with trump. As usual, the readership insulted her. No "Moral compass" yada yada yada.

They gave that a few lines and didn't create a new article, just updating the above one so all the abuse remained at the top of the comments.

There's silly though and then there's dangerous and, one week in, Trump's presidency is frightening me more than I thought it would - hopefully, he's like a kld with a new toy for now and things will calm down a bit in the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Meanwhile globalist elements want to continue banging the drum, it's a good thing that Hillary never made it to the White House

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...warns-against/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's silly though and then there's dangerous and, one week in, Trump's presidency is frightening me more than I thought it would - hopefully, he's like a kld with a new toy for now and things will calm down a bit in the months to come.
    He is learning on the job, which is worrying.

He was joking yesterday saying "If you didn't know, I haven't been doing this long". With a smirk on his face...

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Meanwhile globalist elements want to continue banging the drum, it's a good thing that Hillary never made it to the White House

Yep. All the news about living in 1984, the people's champion Clinton lost. However will the ordinary folk cope:

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Bob - The Guardian is to the left what the Daily Mail is to the right. Both papers should be treated with the utmost caution. Theresa May could sh1t a gold bar in Downing St - and the Guardian would run a story on litter being left in Westminster. The opposite is true for the mail.

Kenwyne - I think it's safe to say Trump is not a political president - he is there purely for 2 things. To stop terrorist attacks in American and to create jobs / exports and grow the American economy.

If you can get those 2 things right - the rest usually takes care of itself as you have the money to do it.

We wont be seeing and end to gun issues anytime soon over there :(
    Who said anything about the Guardian?

Agree that some of the rhetoric has been ostensibly about reducing military actions, however they have also talked about increasing USA and Russia nuclear arsenals, reducing actions aimed a limiting climate change and in general promoted nationalism, look like they will try to help the national front get into power in France, which could bring down the EU and questioned the point of NATO so I'm not entirely surprised that this conceptual clock has been advanced.

However, not everyone is motivated by a pathological fear of what shadowy globalists may or may not be trying to do to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    However, not everyone is motivated by a pathological fear of what shadowy globalists may or may not be trying to do to us.
    Who is motivated by a pathological fear of the shadowy globalists? They have already become bit-part players, so some might find it amusing that they have chosen a time of regeneration and reconciliation to bang the drums of war. It's nice to see Brown and Hague come out of the shadows though, they have more in common than that which divides them.

Who is motivated by a pathological fear of the shadowy globalists? They have already become bit-part players, so some might find it amusing that they have chosen a time of regeneration and reconciliation to bang the drums of war. It's nice to see Brown and Hague come out of the shadows though, they have more in common than that which divides them.
    Incredible.

Incredible.
    Why? Boris said only today that Assad can now be reelected as the Syrian leader, and we should also become friends with Russia. Yesterday May made her pacifist speech about not interfering in other countries. Trump is focusing on jobs and trade. If that is not regeneration and reconciliation, then what is it?

Why? Boris said only today that Assad can now be reelected as the Syrian leader, and we should also become friends with Russia. Yesterday May made her pacifist speech about not interfering in other countries. Trump is focusing on jobs and trade. If that is not regeneration and reconciliation, then what is it?
    Didn't seem much of a pacifist, nor a very good politician, here as she continuously flounders when asked a simple question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KINeq-N0wc8

As for Boris, based on previous form, there were probably speeches prepared with him saying the exact opposite of what you highlight that he decided not to use at the last minute.

If only Trump was focusing on jobs and trade! "America first" can sound like a great soundbite for any politician from that country, but when this President uses the term, it has all sorts of negative connotations for trading partners. other races, other religions and certain cities within that country - I have made my feelings about the man clear on here for months now, but looking at it from as neutral a position as I can manage, one thing Trump is not, and will never be, is some sort of great unifier or reconciler.

None of this is to take into account the opinion of the BPA who it seems believe that this is far from an era of reconciliation and, let's face it, hindsight shows that their record up to now is a pretty accurate commentary of how safe the world felt in any given year, so, yes, I find your choice of words incredible.

Didn't seem much of a pacifist, nor a very good politician, here as she continuously flounders when asked a simple question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KINeq-N0wc8

As for Boris, based on previous form, there were probably speeches prepared with him saying the exact opposite of what you highlight that he decided not to use at the last minute.

If only Trump was focusing on jobs and trade! "America first" can sound like a great soundbite for any politician from that country, but when this President uses the term, it has all sorts of negative connotations for trading partners. other races, other religions and certain cities within that country - I have made my feelings about the man clear on here for months now, but looking at it from as neutral a position as I can manage, one thing Trump is not, and will never be, is some sort of great unifier or reconciler.

None of this is to take into account the opinion of the BPA who it seems believe that this is far from an era of reconciliation and, let's face it, hindsight shows that their record up to now is a pretty accurate commentary of how safe the world felt in any given year, so, yes, I find your choice of words incredible.
    Are you basing your reasoning on a symbolic Doomsday Clock, and not on what people say or do? I can give you a list of who the real warmongers are, including that shadowy group of Labour/Conservative globalists who have just released a report banging on about how good military intervention in other countries is. And you are also forgetting that if Hilary Clinton was elected president your symbolic Doomsday Clock would now be standing at 2 seconds to midnight!

Odd that May seems to have hsd a dramatic conversion and is all of a sudden anti war. What May says and how she votes are two very different things.
    Lets see if her words prove to be hollow.

Blog Entries

Are you basing your reasoning on a symbolic Doomsday Clock, and not on what people say or do? I can give you a list of who the real warmongers are, including that shadowy group of Labour/Conservative globalists who have just released a report banging on about how good military intervention in other countries is. And you are also forgetting that if Hilary Clinton was elected president your symbolic Doomsday Clock would now be standing at 2 seconds to midnight!
    What's the time Mr Wolf?

(Dunno where that just came from)

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Odd that May seems to have hsd a dramatic conversion and is all of a sudden anti war. What May says and how she votes are two very different things.
    Lets see if her words prove to be hollow.
    Boris has also undergone a remarkable transformation. It's only a guess, but maybe they aren't doing all of their own thinking?

I don't get your last sentence. Hilary Clinton (who I wouldn't have voted for if I were American) was a very influential member of a Government run by another "liberal elite" globalist who is called a warmonger by his critics and yet the Doomsday clock moves closer to midnight as soon as he, and by implication, Clinton are no longer involved in Government - you maintain however that we are now into an era of "regeneration and reconciliation", so I suppose it must mean that the scientists who are responsible for the Doomsday clock are in the liberal elite as well?

Similarly, you bring attention to "Labour/Conservative globalists" who you say are the "real war mongers" - no doubt, these are also in the liberal elite.

Until last week at least, I would have said that, based on what she has done during her political career, our Prime Minister was a card carrying member of the liberal elite, but you say she has had a road to Damascus like conversion and now she's into pacifism.

Let's assume you are right in thinking that, my question is who changed her mind? Who turned Boris into a Putin lover? After all, you suggest that "they aren't doing all of their own thinking", so I can only assume that there must be another shadowy group in the background telling them, and Trump I presume. what to do - alternatively, the transfer window could be extended to shadowy groups that really run things I suppose, so should we expect a few more high profile moves out of the Liberal elite before 11.00 pm on Tuesday?

Of course, this second group would have to be opponents of the liberal elite and they would have to be pacifists who believed in torture, they would have to be backers of Russian intervention in Syria and Ukraine I presume, they would have to be in favour of nationalism to the extent that they believed that a wall (paid for by the country, full of rapists, on the other side of it) needed to be built on your borders, that global warming is a fantasy and, if Trump is anything to go by at least, think that people who don't pay tax are smart, women are there to be grabbed by the pussy and that millions of people who vote for "the other side" are committing electoral fraud, while every single vote cast for their man is kosher. Who are these people and where have they been hiding themselves over the last God knows how many years of Liberal elite. globalist, warmonger domination? We have a right to know!

It's hard debating with you when you are a plain, straightforward soul like me who isn't allowed the advantage of dreaming up a conspiracy theory to give credence to the unlikely sounding scenarios you may come up with - I feel like I'm wearing lead boots which keep me on terra firma, while, like Icarus, you can go off flying towards the sun .

Blimey Bob, next you'll be suggesting that the President actually has some power. Wouldn't that be wild and unexpected?

I don't get your last sentence. Hilary Clinton (who I wouldn't have voted for if I were American) was a very influential member of a Government run by another "liberal elite" globalist who is called a warmonger by his critics and yet the Doomsday clock moves closer to midnight as soon as he, and by implication, Clinton are no longer involved in Government - you maintain however that we are now into an era of "regeneration and reconciliation", so I suppose it must mean that the scientists who are responsible for the Doomsday clock are in the liberal elite as well?

Similarly, you bring attention to "Labour/Conservative globalists" who you say are the "real war mongers" - no doubt, these are also in the liberal elite.

Until last week at least, I would have said that, based on what she has done during her political career, our Prime Minister was a card carrying member of the liberal elite, but you say she has had a road to Damascus like conversion and now she's into pacifism.

Let's assume you are right in thinking that, my question is who changed her mind? Who turned Boris into a Putin lover? After all, you suggest that "they aren't doing all of their own thinking", so I can only assume that there must be another shadowy group in the background telling them, and Trump I presume. what to do - alternatively, the transfer window could be extended to shadowy groups that really run things I suppose, so should we expect a few more high profile moves out of the Liberal elite before 11.00 pm on Tuesday?

Of course, this second group would have to be opponents of the liberal elite and they would have to be pacifists who believed in torture, they would have to be backers of Russian intervention in Syria and Ukraine I presume, they would have to be in favour of nationalism to the extent that they believed that a wall (paid for by the country, full of rapists, on the other side of it) needed to be built on your borders, that global warming is a fantasy and, if Trump is anything to go by at least, think that people who don't pay tax are smart, women are there to be grabbed by the pussy and that millions of people who vote for "the other side" are committing electoral fraud, while every single vote cast for their man is kosher. Who are these people and where have they been hiding themselves over the last God knows how many years of Liberal elite. globalist, warmonger domination? We have a right to know!

It's hard debating with you when you are a plain, straightforward soul like me who isn't allowed the advantage of dreaming up a conspiracy theory to give credence to the unlikely sounding scenarios you may come up with - I feel like I'm wearing lead boots which keep me on terra firma, while, like Icarus, you can go off flying towards the sun .
    You are taking all of this far too seriously!

BTW Hillary's emails are still be looked into. I'm not sure what they are after, but the oversight committee has just requested them from the FBI. Didn't Trump say she was going to be let off?

You are taking all of this far too seriously!

BTW Hillary's emails are still be looked into. I'm not sure what they are after, but the oversight committee has just requested them from the FBI. Didn't Trump say she was going to be let off?
    A little rich coming from someone who has made over 2,000 posts in the politics forum in just eight months...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    A little rich coming from someone who has made over 2,000 posts in the politics forum in just eight months...
    It's been a remarkable period in our history, and 2017 is only going to get better! We've still got the financial crash to look forward to, as well as the collapse of the EU Plus a lot more drama to come in Washington DC. Things are only just starting to warm up

https://www.facebook.com/TheProjectT...1/?pnref=story

You don't need a Facebook account to watch this.

Fooking hell, it's confusing reading your messages.

You criticise The Other Bob Wilson for referencing the Doomsday Clock before then concluding with where the symbolic clock would stand if Clinton were elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Fooking hell, it's confusing reading your messages.

You criticise The Other Bob Wilson for referencing the Doomsday Clock before then concluding with where the symbolic clock would stand if Clinton were elected.
    I was just playing along with the abstract logic by providing an abstract conclusion