+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We lost but what a game

We lost but what a game

Lots of positives and negatives
    Give credit to Barnsley, a great away performance from an away team and their fans were great.
    Take heart from the come back of course and it's gutting to lose how we did.

Re: We lost but what a game

We could and should have scored about 8.

Gutted to lose, but more entertainment in 90 minutes than slade managed in a season

I don't think we should lose sight of the fact that we deserved to win that game, but Barnsley murdered us for pace when they had the chance to counter attack and as soon as we pick an attacking line up (like we did today), we look wide open at the back - we need to find a way to keep Gunnarsson playing in front of the back four because there was a gaping hole there today.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Gutted to lose, but more entertainment in 90 minutes than slade managed in a season
    Fewer points than Slade managed at the same stage last season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    We could and should have scored about 8.
    Don't exaggerate, ffs.

I thought we could, and should, have scored 6, maybe 7 at most.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Fantastic match from beginning to end.

Sometimes you just have to be happy with having been entertained.

I am sure there's more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Fewer points than Slade managed at the same stage last season as well.
    Uh we finished 7 th didn't we??? Last year was good not a relegation battle

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Don't exaggerate, ffs.

I thought we could, and should, have scored 6, maybe 7 at most.
    Well we scored three.

Hoilett sitter.

Hoilett post.

Lambert.

Cleared off the line.

Manga/Morrison headers.

As well as others.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Well we scored three.

Hoilett sitter.

Hoilett post.

Lambert.

Cleared off the line.

Manga/Morrison headers.

As well as others.
    You forgot the penalty we should have had

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    You forgot the penalty we should have had
    4 penalty appeals in total.
    2 during the same attack.

Crazy game, but one of the most enjoyable for some time- if that Lambert chance had gone in the roof would have come off.

Still feeling a bit stunned tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    4 penalty appeals in total.
    2 during the same attack.

Crazy game, but one of the most enjoyable for some time- if that Lambert chance had gone in the roof would have come off.

Still feeling a bit stunned tbh
    Remarked at one stage how level headed the ref was but he then proceeded to just let every contentious decision go.

Shouldn't go all Wenger though as the game was pulsating, whether down to him or not, at least he didn't stifle the game as others have done.

Hoilett and Lambert chances were key so blame lies at our own door.
    3-3 would have been the fairest result but I'm not too disheartened.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Remarked at one stage how level headed the ref was but he then proceeded to just let every contentious decision go.

Shouldn't go all Wenger though as the game was pulsating, whether down to him or not, at least he didn't stifle the game as others have done.

Hoilett and Lambert chances were key so blame lies at our own door.
    3-3 would have been the fairest result but I'm not too disheartened.

Yep cracking game when they attacked they did it with so much pace,players either side of the ball carrier.This should be our midfield.It is nice to go home seeing a good game.(not the ref)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yep cracking game when they attacked they did it with so much pace,players either side of the ball carrier.This should be our midfield.It is nice to go home seeing a good game.(not the ref)
    Why not the ref?
    One pen appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Why not the ref?
    One pen appeal?
    Should have at least 2 pens

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think we should lose sight of the fact that we deserved to win that game, but Barnsley murdered us for pace when they had the chance to counter attack and as soon as we pick an attacking line up (like we did today), we look wide open at the back - we need to find a way to keep Gunnarsson playing in front of the back four because there was a gaping hole there today.
    This is our biggest let down and has been for past two seasons. We have certainly improved on all other areas since Warnock took charge. But I walked away today feeling good about the commitment from the team and everything else apart from result. Lambert should have took that chance. Instead it went to the other end and they scored. Great game for any neutral today.
    Spedger

Pretty shambolic stuff. Not only does the team lack pace but it is easily undone by it.

I've been asking for a bit of entertainment for years and that was entertainment.

I think i experienced every emotion possible at a football match yesterday!

Like others I'm not to downhearted by the defeat and i think the main reason for my optimism is Neil Warnock.
    A lot of managers would have accepted yesterday's performance as a bit of a freak result but he was scathing of some the players post match.
    His comment about January can't come soon enough once again fills me with confidence that we already have players lined up.

Hopefully we can attract one or two players with pace.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've been asking for a bit of entertainment for years and that was entertainment.

I think i experienced every emotion possible at a football match yesterday!

Like others I'm not to downhearted by the defeat and i think the main reason for my optimism is Neil Warnock.
    A lot of managers would have accepted yesterday's performance as a bit of a freak result but he was scathing of some the players post match.
    His comment about January can't come soon enough once again fills me with confidence that we already have players lined up.

Hopefully we can attract one or two players with pace.
    I agree with your comments but I wonder if the statement "we lost but what a game" would have been made 12 months ago if we had just lost at home to Barnsley 4-3 ??

I think Warnock is bringing the club together and will eventually get things right, but like him, "it can't come soon enough" for me.!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I agree with your comments but I wonder if the statement "we lost but what a game" would have been made 12 months ago if we had just lost at home to Barnsley 4-3 ??

I think Warnock is bringing the club together and will eventually get things right, but like him, "it can't come soon enough" for me.!!!!!!

There were times during Slade's tenure i would have given my right arm for a game like that mate win or lose.

My overriding emotions watching Slade's team were boredom and apathy and perhaps a few more 4-3 defeats where we onslaughted their goal, came back from 3-1 to 3-3 then went all out for 3 points and were inches away from getting it only to be mugged in the last few seconds would cured those feelings of apathy.