+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff 3 Barnsley 4 highlights.

Cardiff 3 Barnsley 4 highlights.

One more assist from Whitts than we would have wanted I'm afraid - don't think you can blame Amos for the winning goal.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...f-3-4-barnsley

Re: Cardiff 3 Barnsley 4 highlights.

I blame him for the first, the fourth, and he didn't do well for the third either.

Connolly tries to pull back his man, then conveniently forgets about him before he runs past and scores the winner. Are footballers that docile?

I wouldn't blame him for any. The defending though is shocking.

Morrison losing his man for the first, Noone pathetic attempt at challenging for the 2nd, unlucky for third, 5 men back marking no-one for the 3rd and Peltier and Manga unable to stop a player between them.
    Rubbish.
    Get Bennett back in and Bamba too

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    I blame him for the first, the fourth, and he didn't do well for the third either.
    That too, he was poor today.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    The First was down to a fine pass and an even better header, Amos had no chance with it. With the winner, I thought it was reasonable for Amos to think that Peltier and Manga should have been able to deal with Watkins a lot better than they did and so he wouldn't have been expecting to have to come rushing off the line like he had to - I was thinking he was to blame at the ground, but having seen the highlights, I've changed my mind. He was also unlucky with the third one because Whitts diverted the ball to the scorer, but I thought he got himself into a terrible position, thus making life easier for Barnsley - I think he was partially to blame with that one.
    I've thought for a while that Warnock wanted to bring a new keeper in next month and I hope he does -Amos has been a bit better than I thought he'd be, but there's only been that one save on Tuesday that I'd rate as very good, he wasn't the reason we let four in today though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The First was down to a fine pass and an even better header, Amos had no chance with it. With the winner, I thought it was reasonable for Amos to think that Peltier and Manga should have been able to deal with Watkins a lot better than they did and so he wouldn't have been expecting to have to come rushing off the line like he had to - I was thinking he was to blame at the ground, but having seen the highlights, I've changed my mind. He was also unlucky with the third one because Whitts diverted the ball to the scorer, but I thought he got himself into a terrible position, thus making life easier for Barnsley - I think he was partially to blame with that one.
    I've thought for a while that Warnock wanted to bring a new keeper in next month and I hope he does -Amos has been a bit better than I thought he'd be, but there's only been that one save on Tuesday that I'd rate as very good, he wasn't the reason we let four in today though.
    That's fair.
    Watched the goals again and Connolly was marking fresh air for the first as well.
    In fairness our defending had looked rubbish before we even conceded one.
    Bamba and Bennet back please

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That's fair.
    Watched the goals again and Connolly was marking fresh air for the first as well.
    In fairness our defending had looked rubbish before we even conceded one.
    Bamba and Bennet back please
    The first goal had been coming for a while and I'm afraid Connolly is a shadow of the player he has been for most of his time at the club. Bennett doesn't fully convince me defensively, but I agree that he should return because Peltier offers us much more when playing on the right.

"friends and family" can argue he wasn't at fault for any. Critical fans can argue he was at fault for three. Amos made Tuesday's game an uphill struggle. He was weak away at Ipswich, etc, etc,. I think we all have to admit he's a [consistently]poor goalkeeper, and I seem to recall struggling Bolton fans thought pretty much the same..

Had a rush of blood for the 3rd. Otherwise I think we need to look at how they carved us open on the break and us missing a few sitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I wouldn't blame him for any. The defending though is shocking.

Morrison losing his man for the first, Noone pathetic attempt at challenging for the 2nd, unlucky for third, 5 men back marking no-one for the 3rd and Peltier and Manga unable to stop a player between them.
    Rubbish.
    Get Bennett back in and Bamba too
    Amazing how many on here thought Fabio was a poor defender.
    Now he is a regular in the Premiership's meanest defense.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One more assist from Whitts than we would have wanted I'm afraid - don't think you can blame Amos for the winning goal.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...f-3-4-barnsley
    Yes Barnsley wouldn't have scored their third if Whitts hadn't accidentally passed it to their player.
    ps Whitts goal was a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Amazing how many on here thought Fabio was a poor defender.
    Now he is a regular in the Premiership's meanest defense.
    No he's not, he's made 6 league appearances this season and that's only because George Friend is injured

As woeful as our defending was we still should have won yesterday, the chances Hoilett and lambert missed will probably give them nightmares for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No he's not, he's made 6 league appearances this season and that's only because George Friend is injured
    Friend has been fit since 11th December but Fabio keeping his place.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Friend has been fit since 11th December but Fabio keeping his place.
    He was still out injured when they played Liverpool on the 14th

Yesterday was the first time he was back in the matchday squad since sustaining the injury and he came on for the last half hour