+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FULL BACKS

FULL BACKS

The biggest thing for me was how lop sided these two looked.Connolly was just awful and Peltier just looked uncomfortable.
    Peltier on the right Bennett on the left for me-if Connelly plays it surely has to be as a centre back!!!

Re: FULL BACKS

Agreed.
    Peltier good defensively normally, but has been shaky last 2 games in the wrong side.
    Doesn't offer much going forward.
    Bennett has been excellent every game, maybe should have stopped the cross for the 2nd at VILLA, but apart from that looked solid. Offers more going forward too

Agreed, thought from the off that Warnock got that selection wrong.
    Bennet was on the bench so must be fit and should've started with Peltier back to the right side.

Connelly was dreadful today and, along with the poor and getting worse Amos, played a big part in our defeat IMO

I have to agree with everything said here. Connolly was awful on Tuesday and even worse today. Peltier, who is always a solid player, just seems to be struggling because he's on the left.

Warnock should have taken Connolly off, put Peltier at right back and brought on Bennet, who would have probably dealt with their pace better.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    The biggest thing for me was how lop sided these two looked.Connolly was just awful and Peltier just looked uncomfortable.
    Peltier on the right Bennett on the left for me-if Connelly plays it surely has to be as a centre back!!!
    Agreed. Connolly is a good footballer and a very competent centre back - but today was the worst I have ever seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    I have to agree with everything said here. Connolly was awful on Tuesday and even worse today. Peltier, who is always a solid player, just seems to be struggling because he's on the left.

Warnock should have taken Connolly off, put Peltier at right back and brought on Bennet, who would have probably dealt with their pace better.
    Agree with this.

I agree completely with the OP. Connolly has never been a good full back and the change has disrupted the balance of the team.

Agree with all comments I think the Bennett situation is NW first mistake , as fans we know Connolly is not a full back, been that way for years, good centre back though.

Morrison lacks awareness and agility.

Peltier is just a steady performer.

Amos is a decent keeper who made mistakes yesterday.

What a game though.

P.S. Barnsley were impressive and will beat teams .

I believe this was the main reason we lost yesterday, Warnock got the full back selection wrong. Barnsley are known for their quick attacking play away from home (just look at their results) but our full back selection played right into their hands.

Peltier should have been at right back and Bennett at left back. Also I would have left Bruno back at our attacking set plays because of his pace, leaving Connolly and Peltier back was asking for trouble.

The way we set up yesterday makes me wonder if we don't scout the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Yep ,you I and many city fans on far less money than our last two managers and thier coaching teams, have known this for some time.
    I do wonder with non selection of Bennett does it suggest he's been a naughty boy, and/ or someone else is coming in .
    Last edited by life on mars; 18-12-16 at 19:14.