+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January can't come quick enough

January can't come quick enough

Don't know about anyone else but for me January can't come quick enough. I just hope that sufficient funds are made available so that Neil Warnock can bring in new players to reinforce the current squad. A striker and a couple of defenders are absolutely vital in my humble opinion if we are to remain a championship club and also with the prospect of building a squad capable of some day returning to the promised land of the premiership.

Re: January can't come quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by bluken View Post
    Don't know about anyone else but for me January can't come quick enough. I just hope that sufficient funds are made available so that Neil Warnock can bring in new players to reinforce the current squad. A striker and a couple of defenders are absolutely vital in my humble opinion if we are to remain a championship club and also with the prospect of building a squad capable of some day returning to the promised land of the premiership.
    Definitely a striker , Lambert hasn't lost his touch , but lacks mobility . Freddy and Zohore haven't got a touch, pace, heading ability or any kind of footballing talent . They are the complete non footballers .

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    At the end of the season we will still finish higher than Bristol City

0 replies
    0 retweets
    0 likes

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    0 replies
    0 retweets
    0 likes
    Incorrect

Incorrect
    Starting with our game, Bristol City have won 2 games in 12 matches. From in the play-offs with a 2 point cushion to being closer to the relegation places.

One relevant response to someone clutching at straws predictably.

Don't let this tit derail the thread. January is gonna be very interesting and i can't wait.
    When i went to listen to Warnock in Pontypridd there was one thing i heard him say that i found very interesting, he said that if you see some of your favourites go in January all i ask is that you trust me. (Something along those lines)

I think the only player most fans would be really sorry to see go would be Whittingham and he already dealt with a question regarding Whitts directly saying he wants him to stay though he probably wouldn't start every game.

I think January will see us say goodbye to Noone, Manga, O'Keefe, Huws, maybe Ralls, maybe Pilkington, maybe Connolly.

I don't think any of these players are irreplaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Don't let this tit derail the thread. January is gonna be very interesting and i can't wait.
    When i went to listen to Warnock in Pontypridd there was one thing i heard him say that i found very interesting, he said that if you see some of your favourites go in January all i ask is that you trust me. (Something along those lines)

I think the only player most fans would be really sorry to see go would be Whittingham and he already dealt with a question regarding Whitts directly saying he wants him to stay though he probably wouldn't start every game.

I think January will see us say goodbye to Noone, Manga, O'Keefe, Huws, maybe Ralls, maybe Pilkington, maybe Connolly.

There have been several mentions of a squad lacking in depth, a squad which is unbalanced and a squad which has been spent on far more than our opponents yesterday in the hours since the game finished. Largely this is the fault of the transfer committee, it will be interesting to see whether Warnock heading it/Warnock scrapping it for his own "old school" process can lead to an upturn in success rate.

Out of the ones you have mentioned I would be most disappointed to lose Huws, Ralls and Pilkington; and out of those three I could only see us struggling (at least in the short term) Pilkington. Do you not think Immers is on his way out the door also?

Good post-I think your assessment of those leaving is not far off the mark.I can see four or five coming in also if this cull occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    There have been several mentions of a squad lacking in depth, a squad which is unbalanced and a squad which has been spent on far more than our opponents yesterday in the hours since the game finished. Largely this is the fault of the transfer committee, it will be interesting to see whether Warnock heading it/Warnock scrapping it for his own "old school" process can lead to an upturn in success rate.

Out of the ones you have mentioned I would be most disappointed to lose Huws, Ralls and Pilkington; and out of those three I could only see us struggling (at least in the short term) Pilkington. Do you not think Immers is on his way out the door also?
    I think Ralls has flattered to deceive for a number of seasons. He has had ample opportunity (under quite a few managers) to show his value. Unfortunately I only see him perhaps holding a place in a struggling Championship team (Where are Cardiff City I hear you say ) or a division one side.
    Pilkington would always be a useful squad player but if NW brings in a couple of players up front, he will surely slip quite a way down the pecking order.

Everyone has their favourite players, Pilkington is not one of mine. Although he scored he was generally crap yesterday, and I would not be surprised if he went, he wanted to go to QPR last summer too. Maybe Morrison is one of the surprised, good at set pieces in their box but not so good in ours- and he was taken apart by pace yesterday. With those listed above like Noone , Manga etc Chamakh and Richardson will also be gone. Pilkington and Manga are two of the highest earners , signed under OGS' regime.

Would anyone be surprised if Amos went back to Bolton (not sure if we can send him back though, sadly).

My New Year wish is Hull sign Morrison to show up their leaky defence, and we get Marshall back as part of the deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

Its all guess work on my behalf but yes i do think Immers is definitely on the vulnerable and the fact that i forgot all about him says it all really!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think Ralls has flattered to deceive for a number of seasons. He has had ample opportunity (under quite a few managers) to show his value. Unfortunately I only see him perhaps holding a place in a struggling Championship team (Where are Cardiff City I hear you say ) or a division one side.
    Pilkington would always be a useful squad player but if NW brings in a couple of players up front, he will surely slip quite a way down the pecking order.
    Huws - I am biased and would love to see the young, Welsh talent thrive. Huws clearly has some talent too.
    Ralls - you won't find too many more experienced than him in this league at his age. He may not have shown himself too much of late but he could go on to one we ask why we sold him.

That covers the two players who we could regret selling though wouldn't find it too difficult to replace in the short term.

Pilkington I would like to see us keep because he has proven himself as one of our biggest threats. Perhaps he can be replaced but there is always a risk in replacing the player who scores most of your midfield goals.

Incorrect
    What's incorrect about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Im not really looking fwd to january. Have you seen the fixtures? We have 7 league games between now and the end of january and on present form i can only see 2 wins max. Thats just not going to be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What's incorrect about it?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Charlie52...45265396256768

What goalkeepers are out there at the moment I find it hard to think of one. I hope NW has sorted one out.

Think we should keep Ralls and Pilkington. 2 of our better players.

Last season Ralls was our best outfield player and although he may have dropped down a bit this year is still the best young player in the club.

Pilkington is one of a very small number of people in our club who can actually make things happen.

We've probably got a dozen here doing nothing and I'd shift them on first.

Bearing in mind what interest there is Id look at the following..

Out on loan... Wilson, Huws, Fred, John, Kennedy, O Sullivan, Wharton, James.....
    Maybe Harris although on balance I'd keep him depending on what we can get in

Sell- we will need to bring in funds and cut the wage bill and I think this is best for the players AND I think we'd have takers- Noone, Immers, Manga. I think Connolly might want to go, but with Manga leaving he'd then be first back up for centre half where he's most comfortable

Release- Richardson and chamack.

Out of those out on loan, for most it'll be the last chance and most if not all will be released in the summer.

Room there to bring in a handful of players and maybe opportunities for younger players to step up from the youth if not toward the end of the season then maybe next season

I've just read some of your Twitter feed. What a sad existence. Have you contemplated internet dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Think we should keep Ralls and Pilkington. 2 of our better players.

Last season Ralls was our best outfield player and although he may have dropped down a bit this year is still the best young player in the club.

Pilkington is one of a very small number of people in our club who can actually make things happen.

We've probably got a dozen here doing nothing and I'd shift them on first.

Bearing in mind what interest there is Id look at the following..

Out on loan... Wilson, Huws, Fred, John, Kennedy, O Sullivan, Wharton, James.....
    Maybe Harris although on balance I'd keep him depending on what we can get in

Sell- we will need to bring in funds and cut the wage bill and I think this is best for the players AND I think we'd have takers- Noone, Immers, Manga. I think Connolly might want to go, but with Manga leaving he'd then be first back up for centre half where he's most comfortable

Release- Richardson and chamack.

Out of those out on loan, for most it'll be the last chance and most if not all will be released in the summer.

Room there to bring in a handful of players and maybe opportunities for younger players to step up from the youth if not toward the end of the season then maybe next season
    I think Wharton and O'Sullivan have been told they can leave the club mate.

I don't really see the point of keeping John and Kennedy at the moment either unless John can go on loan as a winger.

Sell them for cheap with big sell on clauses just in case they come good.

I think Wharton and O'Sullivan have been told they can leave the club mate.

I don't really see the point of keeping John and Kennedy at the moment either unless John can go on loan as a winger.

Sell them for cheap with big sell on clauses just in case they come good.
    Fair enough.
    I just thought that as they were under contract that we'd be unlikely to be able to sell them.
    If we can get a buyer then I'd agree with your strategy.