+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zohore ... please explain ..

Re: Zohore ... please explain ..

Neil Warnock (after the Villa game yesterday):

“I think he's only going to get better. For me he's the find of my time here – he's probably saved me £1.5m I would imagine.

“I can't see me buying anybody better than that. I've just got to wrap him up in cotton wool and hope he doesn't get injured because the goals will come for him.

“He's created chances every game, he's been thwarted by good goalkeepers at times, but that will come. He's learning all the time and the energy he has, I don't think even Ken thought he could work as hard as that, but he's showing his commitment to the team and the lads appreciate it.”

Drinking with Brentford fans after the game there, they were all full of praise for Zohore, saying he'd bullied their defence, took his goal well, and looked a handful throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

“I think he's only going to get better. For me he's the find of my time here – he's probably saved me £1.5m I would imagine.

“I can't see me buying anybody better than that. I've just got to wrap him up in cotton wool and hope he doesn't get injured because the goals will come for him.

“He's created chances every game, he's been thwarted by good goalkeepers at times, but that will come. He's learning all the time and the energy he has, I don't think even Ken thought he could work as hard as that, but he's showing his commitment to the team and the lads appreciate it.”
    Agree with every word of that

Now that Jimmy has turned Gunnar and Ken into Championship all-stars with the magic of his messageboard dissing, who do we want him to start a 'please explain' thread on next?

Who do we most need to (re)discover that they are '8 out of 10 every week' players? Who needs the Jimmy treatment most?

Joe Ralls? Craig Noone? Matt Connolly? Fred?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Now that Jimmy has turned Gunnar and Ken into Championship all-stars with the magic of his messageboard dissing, who do we want him to start a 'please explain' thread on next?

Who do we most need to (re)discover that they are '8 out of 10 every week' players? Who needs the Jimmy treatment most?

Don't jinx it - this is a delicate talent you are talking about here and needs its own space and time to appear. Jimmy will pronounce who he next thinks is crap when he's good and ready. Having said that, I hope it's soon and I hope it's Ralls as we need a match-winning midfielder to emerge quickly ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Could be a thinly veiled "we have no money for a striker"

Seriously, good man management from NW, talking up and dangling a carrot for the lad.
    He looks a helluva lot fitter than he did in his last spell and we are creating more chances than then for sure.

At the moment, although as I have mentioned in another thread he played well holding it up, Ken does seem a little "one paced" possibly due to not being fully match fit.
    Take the one on one chance in the 1st half, he dwelled on the ball too long thus allowing keeper and defender to close him down, resulting in the keeper saving.
    Fitness and sharpness were lacking there.

Once he gets fully fit, assuming he really "wants it", I'm hoping he has more to offer in terms of pace and finishing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Ok what am I missing . The guy is hopeless , can't jump more than 2 inches off the ground and we lump the ball up to him time and time again.
    Lots of people giving him 6 and sevens rating for yesterday's game . He was a two , he is no Gestede that put fear into defences . I am obviously missing the contribution he makes , I thought I watched him closely yesterday , and for me he did nothing . Put me right guys and I will try and see what everyone else is seeing .
    Hi Jim,

Who's next for the 'Jimmy Roasting'?

Kenneth was superb tonight.
    He looks strong and agile but above all, confident.
    Neil seems to be getting the best out of him and with it looking like no strikers coming in, his confidence can only go one way.

MOM for me for his 1st half performance and his goal was sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Hi Jim,

Fair play, it's a good bump, but if you think it gets you off the hook for kenny miller, think again

Hi Jim,

He improved Steve .

As did The Gunnar .

As did Kenny Miller despite getting no service from we attack till the half way line Mackay .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Slade used to check my posts before picking the team . Do you think it's a coincidence his career has taken a downward spiral since he left Cardiff ?

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!