+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zohore ... please explain ..

Re: Zohore ... please explain ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Bob you are saying he ruffled some feathers in a couple of games last season. Ok great . A comparison with Jay Bothryod ? Initially I thought WOW but reading on I see your point , get the ball to him on the deck. We dont though, we lump it up to him , generally he is in a good position to receive the high ball ,unfortunately his legs lack any spring. Changing the Warnock way to suit Zohore is highly unlikely.

I am going to take on board your comments and watch him again closely at Brighton , where he will probably get a bit more space, I do want him to succeed, I want all the players to succeed but I find it a little strange I am not seeing the same type of player that others are.
    Warnock coming out and giving him a fair bit of praise shows he thinks he may have something. My guess is we will sign a centre forward in the window despite Warnocks words.
    I'm saying he ruffled some feathers against the strongest teams in last season's league, but it would be wrong to ignore the fact that he was anonymous against weaker sides as well. I agree that we are unlikely to change our approach just to accommodate Zohore, but, if we are willing to risk having to deal with the problems playing two strikers will cause us in other areas of the pitch, then I'd say he is mobile and quick enough to play off someone like Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good post in a good thread. I'm certainly wishing Zohore well, he's working his socks off, things seem to be happening around him and hopefully a goal or two at first team level will help him push on. The way he took his second goal in the recent DVP game, calmly dinking the ball over the on-rushing keeper, suggests he might be a decent finisher when his confidence is high although I'm not holding my breath on that. I'm glad it wasn't him who missed the late chance which cost us the win on Saturday. I was surprised how little criticism there was after Zohore's flick and Pilkington's excellent awareness had set up a perfect chance for Lambert, when he finally got there. If Zohore (or Fred) had missed then we'd never have heard the last of it.
    I wish him all the best , yeah he is working hard, no one worked harder than Revell... The one point you and Bob have made is he may never be a prolific finisher, not a great attribute for a centre forward.
    Re Lambert
    If Zohore or Fred wandered about the centre circle aimlessly and decided when they wanted taken off because they had had enough (which Lambert does) they would be back in the DVP scoring wonder goals in jig time .
    Lambert still has that touch that good footballers have , he always will have.

Great replies all the way through the thread, I feel I have indeed missed the guys talents.

Just look at my contribution to Gunnarsons recent career, the only way is up for Zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm saying he ruffled some feathers against the strongest teams in last season's league, but it would be wrong to ignore the fact that he was anonymous against weaker sides as well. I agree that we are unlikely to change our approach just to accommodate Zohore, but, if we are willing to risk having to deal with the problems playing two strikers will cause us in other areas of the pitch, then I'd say he is mobile and quick enough to play off someone like Lambert.
    Playing him alongside Lambert could be interesting , we certainly made a few chances when we brought Lambert on along side him.

Are we likely to be that adventurous with two away games coming up?

Playing him alongside Lambert could be interesting , we certainly made a few chances when we brought Lambert on along side him.

Are we likely to be that adventurous with two away games coming up?
    No .

I wish him all the best , yeah he is working hard, no one worked harder than Revell... The one point you and Bob have made is he may never be a prolific finisher, not a great attribute for a centre forward.
    Re Lambert
    If Zohore or Fred wandered about the centre circle aimlessly and decided when they wanted taken off because they had had enough (which Lambert does) they would be back in the DVP scoring wonder goals in jig time .

Great replies all the way through the thread, I feel I have indeed missed the guys talents.

Just look at my contribution to Gunnarsons recent career, the only way is up for Zohore.
    Revell was just mental though Jim. He was more suited to a bull fighting arena, and i don't mean as the the matador!

What a good thread-good question and a balanced debate.Enjoyed reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Revell was just mental though Jim. He was more suited to a bull fighting arena, and i don't mean as the the matador!
    If you are old enough to remember a program called "Runaround" hosted by Mike Reid where kids used to runaround like headless chickens when he shouted "RRRRUNAROUND NOOOWWWW"
    I always imagined he was in the tunnel and had shouted at Revell "RRRRUNAROUND NOWWWWW" and off went Revell for 90 minutes.....

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    What a good thread-good question and a balanced debate.Enjoyed reading that.
    Indeed, precious little of that around these days.
    I always enjoy reading posts from people who understand the game far better than I do.

Re Lambert

My entire optimism for Zohore is based on your assessment of his ability

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I see him as one on many very ordinary footballers who must earn shedloads of money without even looking like he has any real talent. And City has quite a few of them.
    Agreed. He is no better than many that we have discarded.

At last I saw something in him. Big and strong for both his goal and his one on one with the keeper (which he missed)

Cmon son, you can do it ...

At last I saw something in him. Big and strong for both his goal and his one on one with the keeper (which he missed)

Cmon son, you can do it ...
    I did wonder if you'd gone to the game. Good to hear a positive view of him from you. It'll be interesting to see how much more he has in the locker over the next few games...

It was like watching Bothroyd (at his best and worst).
    Unplayable at times but easily beaten to often

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I did wonder if you'd gone to the game. Good to hear a positive view of him from you. It'll be interesting to see how much more he has in the locker over the next few games...
    Couldn't get up from my abode to catch the bus unfortunately Ian . Saw enough on the very brief highlights . I am assuming the bob bank spanner went ? Sounds positive if he can be compared in any way to Bothroyd.
    I have booked a hotel for Brighton so will get another chance to see him first hand .

I think we're all guilty of judging players too early as fans.
    Many players who come from other countries take time to settle before they start showing their potential (most notable Thierry Henry)

Hopefully now he's got his goal he can kick on again and establish himself as our front man.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think we're all guilty of judging players too early as fans.
    Many players who come from other countries take time to settle before they start showing their potential (most notable Thierry Henry)

Hopefully now he's got his goal he can kick on again and establish himself as our front man.
    His goal yesterday was Maradona quality.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It was good.

I'd be happy to take over Steve R's mantle if he keeps improving like this

You mean he punched it in.

I thought he played well yesterday.

Great strength and finish for his goal, celebrated right in front of us. Made the trip worth it!

The equaliser hurt but was deserved you have to say. Good point in the end, just gotta make sure we beat brigh...oh shit!

Just for the record, I thought he played well yesterday , hustled and bustled, won the odd header. Worked his socks off.
    Won tackles with a couple of players round him and came away with the ball (god knows how).
    I am more than seeing his worth .
    Finally..

Just for the record, I thought he played well yesterday , hustled and bustled, won the odd header. Worked his socks off.
    Won tackles with a couple of players round him and came away with the ball (god knows how).
    Finally..
    He does seem to be growing into that role quickly and I'm hopeful he'll keep getting better.

Just needs someone to work with him on putting the ball into the net as that's the main (and most important!) thing he's missing as a striker.

The good thing is he's getting onto the chances - just needs a calmer head now.

Great game again though and good to come away with all the points this time.

Finally..
    He seems to be improving with every game but I am still hearing that chances continue to go begging ??
    Is it worth having Lambert alongside him - more of a goal poacher...

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    He seems to be improving with every game but I am still hearing that chances continue to go begging ??
    If Zohore had Lambert's footballing ability, we'd have a hell of a player but we don't, which he why they're playing for us! As long as Ken keeps improving, it is looking up

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It is a possibility against some of the sides in this league, Lambert isnt mobile enough when its all hands to the pumps as it was yesterday. Warnock played them both in the game against Barsnley briefly, there were positives.