+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rail Union / Southern trains

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rail Union / Southern trains

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Very naive of you Eric.

Sadly it is not the lowest paid people in society that are striking every week. It is not the hospital porters, cleaners, cooks and security guards that are striking in the NHS it's the privileged junior doctors who are striking about pay and unsociable hours but they pretend it's all about "patient safety".

I can't think off the top of my head a genuine strike by minimum wage workers? If anyone should be striking now it should prison guards who are having to work in appalling conditions in a system that is failing. Southern Rail employees have it good compared to the vast majority.
    How about post office counter staff who are striking this week and the BA cabin crew mentioned a few posts earlier?

And yes I agree, prison guards should be striking. Their lives are in danger because of mismanagement and calls to ban them from striking are perverse.

Re: Rail Union / Southern trains

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How about post office counter staff who are striking this week and the BA cabin crew mentioned a few posts earlier?

And yes I agree, prison guards should be striking. Their lives are in danger because of mismanagement and calls to ban them from striking are perverse.
    This has got my support a bit more recently. I supported the cardiff bus strike last year. But I cant for the life of me support a train drivers strike, earns 2-3 times the average wage and demands more.