+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More signs that you may be a little common

Re: More signs that you may be a little common

People who post once a month only to say the board isn't as good as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    People who post once a month only to say the board isn't as good as it used to be.
    U don even say the bord isnot as gud as ti sued 2 b

Drinking monster energy drinks.

Swigging beer from cans in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Swigging beer from cans in the street.
    ...before noon...on a weekday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    ...before noon...on a weekday.
    ...during Ramadan.

Men who walk around a supermarket at this time of year in shorts and a tee shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Men who walk around a supermarket at this time of year in shorts and a tee shirt.
    Men who walk around a supermarket with a full Man Ure kit on,even down to the socks

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Men who walk around a supermarket with a full Man Ure kit on,even down to the socks
    Yeah, nugent wtf mate?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    its a union flag not a union jack flag. unless it is hoisted on a ship mast then it is a jack.
    Isn't this old chestnut quite spurious?

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/exp...the-Union-Jack

"The chief vexillologist of the Flag Institute, who is just about the highest authority you can find in the flag world, has declared that, yes, we can after all call our national flag the Union Jack. In other words we can ignore know-all letter-writers who can always be relied upon to go into action every time the term "Union Jack" is broadcast or used in print.

Don't you realise, they say, that the term "Jack" should only ever be used at sea and that on dry land it should always be the Union flag? Well it seems not. Graham Bartram, who undertook research for the Flag Institute, has concluded that the terms Union Jack and Union flag have always been acceptable alternatives whether you are steaming out of Portsmouth on a frigate or hoisting it on the Houses of Parliament."

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't this old chestnut quite spurious?

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/exp...the-Union-Jack

"The chief vexillologist of the Flag Institute, who is just about the highest authority you can find in the flag world, has declared that, yes, we can after all call our national flag the Union Jack. In other words we can ignore know-all letter-writers who can always be relied upon to go into action every time the term "Union Jack" is broadcast or used in print.

Don't you realise, they say, that the term "Jack" should only ever be used at sea and that on dry land it should always be the Union flag? Well it seems not. Graham Bartram, who undertook research for the Flag Institute, has concluded that the terms Union Jack and Union flag have always been acceptable alternatives whether you are steaming out of Portsmouth on a frigate or hoisting it on the Houses of Parliament."
    Agree entirely, common usage would dictate it is the union jack. I only replied to the previous OP because the jack staff of Men of War is from where the turn originated. I served in the forces for a number of years, and I personally had various reasons to be in communication with the MOD Flag department, and everyone referred to the Union 'Jack" without any pedant correcting him or her.
    common usage is what keeps the english language alive and growing and changing, like the changes over time in the meaning of words like 'Gay' and 'Wicked' for example.

International

..........but I still hate people who find the need to shout in pubs.!!! Common as muck. I normally drink in a particuar pub and hwne such people are in, one of the locals will look resigned and say, @What do you expect, they're from ...................."
    (Please fill in the gap with your own preferred district.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    ..........but I still hate people who find the need to shout in pubs.!!! Common as muck. I normally drink in a particuar pub and hwne such people are in, one of the locals will look resigned and say, @What do you expect, they're from ...................."
    (Please fill in the gap with your own preferred district.
    Cardiff

Barry Island.

Feeling the need to tell strangers that you've been to a posh hotel is a dead giveaway.

You see someone that you haven't seen for a while, you offer your hand to shake while they clench their fist to 'fistbump' you, even worse is when they're about 55 years old, do they reckon they're some 'cool' American rapper or something?

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You see someone that you haven't seen for a while, you offer your hand to shake while they clench their fist to 'fistbump' you, even worse is when they're about 55 years old, do they reckon they're some 'cool' American rapper or something?
    I was in the pub the other weekend and there was a guy there who came over to me twice asking if I had a problem with him, all because he had spoken to me earlier and then held his hand up for a 'high five' and I'd just walked away.
    He asked me why I hadn't done it and I said, "I don't do high fives. what is your problem with that?" He didn't know what to say.
    (Truth to tell I wouldn't have shaken his hand either, I cannot stand the man.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Feeling the need to tell strangers that you've been to a posh hotel is a dead giveaway.

Tattoos. Very, very common and chavvy

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    its a union flag not a union jack flag. unless it is hoisted on a ship mast then it is a jack.
    Nerds like this who have such a lack of any identity, pretending through their confusion that they are something else. Very common.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Barry Island.
    Spelling your own name wrong on a public forum

All of Bristol is so very, very common. Indeed one of the worst places in the U.K. for common people. Just listen to that awful accent, how common. Very.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Spelling your own name wrong on a public forum

Barry is pretty working class tho.
    That's all I was saying. Sure some areas of Bristol are but not where I grew up 👍