Re: Conifers

As fir as I'm concerned I'd leaf it to the experts too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you have a Hedge Fund?
    Yew are acorny person.

I once had a leaflet through the door offering a tree cutting service. 3 blokes turned up. Think it was Paddy, his uncle Patrick and his brother Patrick. They took an hour or 2 to take down and shred 6 10 foot conifers. £150 if my memory serves me right.
    They offered to clean my guttering aswell but didn't take them up on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I once had a leaflet through the door offering a tree cutting service. 3 blokes turned up. Think it was Paddy, his uncle Patrick and his brother Patrick. They took an hour or 2 to take down and shred 6 10 foot conifers. £150 if my memory serves me right.
    They offered to clean my guttering aswell but didn't take them up on the offer.
    So what you're saying is that tree fellers turned up.......

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    They did so they did.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    You cannot chop down a tree belonging to your neighbour without agreement. And neither would anyone with a chain saw do the job as that would be a criminal offence.

Further to my earlier post there is also The Right To Light Act. A good website is here:

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/p...ion-guide.html

Good advice. Always best to hedge your bets.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Good advice. Always best to hedge your bets.
    I think you should wait Fir things to go quiet then give it a diesel drink. No good pining over a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Yew are acorny person.
    Oak K

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I cant remember the name of the company but I know that they had branches everywhere.

Rocco, I would guess that you may have difficulty hiring an experienced tree feller if you cannot first illustrate permission / right to cut the the tree down ?

We had a similar problem on a development in Pencoed. A neighbouring property had trees encroaching where we were putting up new builds. Phoned Bridgend council and they said cut down the overhanging branches and throw them back into the neighbours garden, so that's what we did.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    We had a similar problem on a development in Pencoed. A neighbouring property had trees encroaching where we were putting up new builds. Phoned Bridgend council and they said cut down the overhanging branches and throw them back into the neighbours garden, so that's what we did.
    How could you throw them back when they weren't in the neighbour's garden in the first place?

Because they were the property of the neighbours, so the council said to throw them in their garden

Because they were the property of the neighbours, so the council said to throw them in their garden
    This so true,its their property.

Whoosh