+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Bob's' report on yesterday's game

'Bob's' report on yesterday's game

Not posted yet by the looks of it, but I've seen it via twitter.

So this is in case I'm not around to comment later.

Have to agree on most of it and particularly the assessment of Amos who overall has been relatively decent until the last week and even then hasn't been the disaster some are making out.

As for Zohore, he's still raw- and was still raw before, has just maybe shown us a little bit more of what he did away st Brentford in those eventful 10 minutes when he nearly single handed lay saved us the game. He reminds me more of Gestede than Bothroyd though. I still think maybe a bit clumsy and perhaps needs pushing to be aggressive, however has the physical attributes and is maybe a better footballer that we give him credit for. Certainly quick, but perhaps lacking that extra leap Gestede had.

Also vet you interesting that this was the same ref as Newcastle away- where he also refused us a stone wall penalty and seemed very fussy.

Fast to give free kicks outside the area, but scared to give the big decision in the box.

Morrison did leave Winnall too much space for the first, but Connolly was also close and only marking space and probably more culpable as he could see the player.

I also agree that Noone's soft challenge and the new failure to track back and Hoilett falling over were major factors in the 2nd and the 4th was down to Manga's poor tackle and marking and Peltier daydreaming and letting the Barnsley player get goal side.

I'm fairly convinced Connolly is one of the 2 players that Warnock was ranting about when talking about positions at corners and would put money on Noone being the second.

However I think he should also take his share of the blame, after getting the credit for the win v Wolves with a tactical master stroke-playing Connolly and Peltier out of position and starting one trick pony Noone on the right where he's totally ineffective.
    I feel all 3 were made to look poor due to this and wouldn't be surprised if only Peltier is left here come Feb 1st

Re: 'Bob's' report on yesterday's game

I find it unusual that no one has criticised the manager for his selection and tactics. He got it wrong 1st half last Tuesday, badly wrong , but atoned in the second half with the half time subs he made.

Yesterday he picks the same team as Tuesday's 2nd half and it was wrong again, except he would have had to bring on 11 subs at half time and you can't do that apparently! Connolly at right back and Peltier on the left looks totally wrong, I can see he wants a more solid back four, which seems plausible, but look at the defending yesterday. And you sacrifice pace to do that, Bennett would have helped.