+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fulham Trust protests to BBC Wales about kick off time for FA Cup tie.

Fulham Trust protests to BBC Wales about kick off time for FA Cup tie.

The article says our Trust have also sent a letter of protest - good on them if they have.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7484706.html

Re: Fulham Trust protests to BBC Wales about kick off time for FA Cup tie.

Quite right too.

Well done the Trust! Ridiculous time of day on a Sunday.

It'll be a pitiful turnout for that one, with a low away following, the 2 ends closed, the Ninian probably confined to the 3 centre blocks...meaning an almost atmosphere-free 90 mins of football in the freezing cold, where when we go a goal down, there'll be no real crowd to vocally back the team to get us back in the game.

A poor, lifeless 1-0 loss, watched by about 3000 hardy souls in near 0°C temperatures, imo.

If the game cannot be put on at a reasonable time then the television company should be prepared to forego showing it and keep its money in the pocket. It wasn't so long ago that midday kick-offs were introduced with safety in mind but this goes one step further and good on the two trusts for standing up to it.

It almost clashes with The Archers Omnibus.

I'm boycotting this one, I love the FA Cup and this will be the first cup game i'll have missed for lord knows how long.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The article says our Trust have also sent a letter of protest - good on them if they have.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7484706.html
    Good to see the respective Trusts standing up for their members/ the supporters although it will probably fall on deaf ears.
    Not entirely sure what can be done to reverse the power of the TV companies as the clubs/associations have effectively handed over control for the big cheque.

I won't be going to this game ,the Shrewsbury kick off time was bad enough but this is even worse

i am not going to go and i will not watch it on TV either.
    Enough is enough.
    This should be a highlight of the New Year for every football fan. This is a joke!

The first train from Cheltenham gets into Cardiff Central at 11:48. 25 minute walk and should be there for the 2nd-half

The last few years have seen BBC Wales/S4C totally spoil the Cup for us, with their ridiculous rescheduling of our KO times and dates. Was really looking forward to watching this on a Saturday at 3PM, and am fuming that they've changed it. 11.30 on a Sunday is bad enough for home fans, let alone the poor Fulham fans that have to get up at stupid O'clock to get down here. Think I'll be giving it a miss. Good on both Trusts for making an issue of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The first train from Cheltenham gets into Cardiff Central at 11:48. 25 minute walk and should be there for the 2nd-half
    Sunday morning rail / bus services for most in Cardiff are a joke as well, could we sell the home advantage to Fulham for the return of Malone ,desperate for some pace at full back .
    Last edited by life on mars; 20-12-16 at 20:20.