Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
Agree, it's painfully obvious to me that few are test match players. I doubt they ever practise the forward defensive!
There is a train of thought that you get rid of the short fielders by attacking the bowler and playing your shots. This may work against their own bowlers on English (and Welsh ) pitches but not against this quality of bowler and on Indian pitches.

Entertaining series though, I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.
Credit must go to India, they bowled better and showed the English batsmen how to make BIG scores.
To be fair, we did score 477. Scoreboard pressure in the second innings, and it is the way cricket is going. Too many aggressive players, people like Cook and Hameed are a throwback. You take the rough with the smooth with Buttler and Stokes too, Stokes especially is a fantastic all rounder who can win you a game in a session, I'm still not sure re Buttler at the test level though. Letting them get 700+ killed us though, we've got to get better taking wickets on foreign soil, regardless of the batting collapse, they've got to find a spinner. I know they've said Jack Leach has a suspect action (I think that's to save their own arse), he's got to be given a go.