+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The very latest on Poppygate

The very latest on Poppygate

Re: The very latest on Poppygate

Love the fact that FIFAs commissioner at the game was FAW representative David Griffiths .

Just goes to show that the theory on here and Walesonline that neither England or Scotland were at risk of sanctions because it required the opposition to complain was absolute nonsense.

I predict a small fine for each which will be successfully appealed and both countries come away with their heads held high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Just goes to show that the theory on here and Walesonline that neither England or Scotland were at risk of sanctions because it required the opposition to complain was absolute nonsense.

I predict a small fine for each which will be successfully appealed and both countries come away with their heads held high.
    Goes to show the FAW took the correct stance.

A handful of thickos who've been swayed by a modern media campaign won't alter that.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post

A handful of thickos who've been swayed by a modern media campaign won't alter that.
    I feel your pain

^THIS

It's shameful that certain individuals and some of the media have turned the poppy from a dignified symbol of remembrance into a rod to beat a target with, solely for the purpose of generating content for their rabid and gullible viewers/readership.

Would be nice if all the lawyers involved donated their fees to The Royal Legion.

We have a poppy branded matchball for Saturday.
    Poppy season seems to be going on forever this year...
    Be xmas soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Be xmas soon.
    So we've put a poppy on something that we'll be kicking the shit out of?

Is that not a bit disrespectful?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Be xmas soon.
    I saw that earlier. How bloody tacky and inappropriate is that.

All Social and Mainstream Media duly primed for an even bigger National rumpus throughout the 2-3 months of next years poppy 'season' .

I feel your pain
    You can be found in every poppy thread, how does such a sensitive soul get by in life.

I too feel very uncomfortable with this 'forced' poppy agenda. It seems diametrically opposed to that which it represents.

Well done FAW for a classy and respectful Poppy display of our own. It looks like we actually did more as an association than the two home nations in the OP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I too feel very uncomfortable with this 'forced' poppy agenda. It seems diametrically opposed to that which it represents.

Well done FAW for a classy and respectful Poppy display of our own. It looks like we actually did more as an association than the two home nations in the OP!!
    I detest the 'forced' poppy agenda too, didn't get to see the Wales game, but heard that the display was indeed classy and respectful. I wouldn't be bothered if none of the teams had poppies on their shirts ever. However, I feel once the FAW made their request to FIFA, they shouldn't have backed down for fear of a points deduction or financial penalty. More about principles than poppies for me. I do understand I am in a minority on this matter, so accept that I am probably wrong.

You can be found in every poppy thread, how does such a sensitive soul get by in life.
    Strength of character and the ability to stand by my convictions.

You?

One away from the full house.

I bet the FAW wished they had the backbone to follow suit now and not shun the poppy

One away from the full house.

I bet the FAW wished they had the backbone to follow suit now and not shun the poppy
    Here's a picture of Wales "shunning" the poppy:

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Here's a picture of Wales "shunning" the poppy:

I think we got off lightly as we did a lot more for the 'Poppy' thingy than the likes of Inglund etc