+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Just scored for the DVP

Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 1m1 minute ago

76' | GOAL!!! Mark Harris taps in the rebound after O'Sullivan's long-range shot was saved (3-1)

Re: Mark Harris

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Just scored for the DVP

Cardiff City DVP ‏@CardiffCityDVP 1m1 minute ago

76' | GOAL!!! Mark Harris taps in the rebound after O'Sullivan's long-range shot was saved (3-1)
    Did ok, as did Waite, Spence and Coxe when they came on as subs. Nothing spectacular, they all kept it simple but played their part in a slightly fortunate win. Waite and Spence linked up nicely to put Declan John through near the end but his shot was saved. Craig Bellamy was in the technical area all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Did ok, as did Waite, Spence and Coxe when they came on as subs. Nothing spectacular, they all kept it simple but played their part in a slightly fortunate win. Waite and Spence linked up nicely to put Declan John through near the end but his shot was saved. Craig Bellamy was in the technical area all game.
    The term 'technical area' does amuse me. It's just a rectangle where management is confined to. Nothing technical involved.

Considering their age (Spence is 16) the subs did well. I thought we were quite comfortable apart from a sloppy 15 minutes in the first half but don't think anybody put their hands up for first team selection.

2 assists for O'Sullivan as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    2 assists for O'Sullivan as well
    Again, did ok. The defence splitting pass for Southam's goal was superb and he had a purple patch around that time but just when you think he's going to take the game by the scruff of the neck and turn in a 9/10 performance, a couple of passes get mishit and then he drifts out of things. Frustrating because he was playing in a position that suited him and he was infinitely more effective than Immers has been in that role at DVP and first team level lately but he's still not doing quite enough to force his way into first team contention.

To be fair, there were baby-sitting duties to be done in the second half and players like O'Sullivan, Wharton, John and Ajayi held it all together pretty well. It must be an odd feeling for Tommy, Declan and Theo to see the youngsters coming through and realise that was them a few years ago but they still haven't progressed. If the club has made mistakes with players like them then I hope the lessons have been learnt as the new generation starts to break into the DVP team.

Here's my blog piece on last night's game.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/