+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: motor bikes

motor bikes

how is it that motor bike drivers only have to have a number plaet on the back of there motor bikes but us car drivers have to have them on the back and front?

Re: motor bikes

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    how is it that motor bike drivers only have to have a number plaet on the back of there motor bikes but us car drivers have to have them on the back and front?
    Good question. There are numerous speed cameras that take photos from the front which I guess this avoids?

Also, from doing a lot of driving recently, I reckon there are an increasing number of drivers who are spraying some kind of muck onto their plates to obscure them from said cameras.

I for one think it's disgusting, and would very much like to know where one would purchase it from (in order to write a strongly worded letter to someone).

Blog Entries

Aerodynamics.

Bikes used to have front number plates mainly mounted like a weapon on the front mudguard but they were deemed dangerous

If a Motorcycle was coming towards you with a front number plate and you could read it I think you may find its a bit late. The answer has already been given. the front plates were discontinued because as Bluethrough says they were like a knife mounted on the front fender, if they were mounted face on, the motorcycle loses its stability due to the aerodynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    If a Motorcycle was coming towards you with a front number plate and you could read it I think you may find its a bit late. The answer has already been given. the front plates were discontinued because as Bluethrough says they were like a knife mounted on the front fender, if they were mounted face on, the motorcycle loses its stability due to the aerodynamics.
    So why do you still have to display a front number plate if your bike was first registered before 2001?
    Just curious like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    So why do you still have to display a front number plate if your bike was first registered before 2001?
    Just curious like.
    You dont, is the answer to that mate. I have a 1989 Harley Davidson that passes mot every year and there is and never has been a front number plate.
    Whoever told you otherwise is wrong.

You dont, is the answer to that mate. I have a 1989 Harley Davidson that passes mot every year and there is and never has been a front number plate.
    Whoever told you otherwise is wrong.
    I take it back. I just re-read the rules and it's optional not a requirement.

Very Trumpesque type error

No problem Bloop just a thought If you are a real hairy arsed biker why the hell would you want to make identifying you easier.
    Last edited by Mad as a fish; 20-12-16 at 13:41.

No problem Bloop just a thought If you are a real hairy arsed biker why the hell would you want to make identifying you easier.
    I'm a hairy-arsed lycra-clad cyclist rather than a leather clad biker I'm afraid but if ever I see a 1989 Harley go passed I'll sure give you a wave.

I'm a hairy-arsed lycra-clad cyclist rather than a leather clad biker I'm afraid but if ever I see a 1989 Harley go passed I'll sure give you a wave.
    Dont forget