+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whose At Fault Amos Or Warnock

Whose At Fault Amos Or Warnock

Looks like Amos is taking the brunt , I for one think it has been brought upon us by some poor team selections :

Wrong full backs , in wrong positions, one decent one not picked twice ?.
    Connolly at center back or not , we all know he is not a full back , been good knowledge for a few seasons now
    Why pick Manga if he is off ,sod him
    Why is Morrison on the pitch as captain
    Why not castigate the players giving the ball so easy
    Why pick players that cannot track back due to lack of pace
    Lambert should have killed the game on Saturday woeful miss
    Wolves first goal was scored because everyone was asleep not just Amos
    Why did Amos have to run out , I know defenders couldn't defend .
    Looping header goal ,yeh poor judgement , just as bad poor judgement though from the clown who allowed the cross

Re: Whose At Fault Amos Or Warnock

Having only see the "highlights", It's Amos for me. Poor judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Looks like Amos is taking the brunt , I for one think it has been brought upon us by some poor team selections :

Wrong full backs , in wrong positions, one decent one not picked twice ?.
    Connolly at center back or not , we all know he is not a full back , been good knowledge for a few seasons now
    Why pick Manga if he is off ,sod him
    Why is Morrison on the pitch as captain
    Why not castigate the players giving the ball so easy
    Why pick players that cannot track back due to lack of pace
    Lambert should have killed the game on Saturday woeful miss
    Wolves first goal was scored because everyone was asleep not just Amos
    Why did Amos have to run out , I know defenders couldn't defend .
    Looping header goal ,yeh poor judgement , just as bad poor judgement though from the clown who allowed the cross
    I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while but he seems to always react late to shots - almost as if he can't see properly. He also has very poor decision making to compound this major fault.

The goal vs Wolves was the breaking point for my faith in him - letting in a goal like that is unforgiveable for a professional keeper at any level. One handed deflection into the net from about 30 metres?!?!? WTF?!

Now it may be that it's all just come too quickly for him but he inspires no sense of commanding his area or of being much of an obstacle to preventing the ball going past him. The outstanding block he made vs Wolves was as unexpected as it was welcome, but unfortunately seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

On the positive side he does seem to have a good, accurate kick on him. I'm not sure this is enough.

Amos has been at fault for some recent goals.
    But even a keeper as good as Marshall let in shedloads of goals if the players in front of him were crap.

If Lee Peltier is a better left back than Joe Bennett then my name is Mark Harris

I don't think Amos is "taking the brunt", but, if I was a City defender, I'd be thinking that, whereas we had a keeper who could bale me out if I made a mistake last season, we don't this one. That would lead to more mistakes being made because there is not the same trust in the goalkeeper that there once was. Until recently, Amos was doing okay, but I've seen nothing from him so far at Cardiff to suggest that he can go beyond okay to good - he's the sort of keeper you'd expect a team fighting the drop from this division to have.