+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So Called Islamic State

So Called Islamic State

What's the point of calling them so-called. That's their name. It's quite condescending!

Re: So Called Islamic State

I wish the media would use the term "Daesh". They (daesh/IS/ISIL whatever) hate it.

They're trying to not make them legitimate I think.

But at the same time some in the media talk about the caliphate as if it is an empire!.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What's the point of calling them so-called. That's their name. It's quite condescending!
    You think we should treat them with a bit more respect?

Novel....

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Islamic 'teaching' from Mohammad (and his 9 year old wife...) tells them that when the end of the world happens - then if they are inside the Islamic Caliphate they will be protected.

Quite how anyone would believe this nonsense is amazing. Did they not study geography, geology, biology, physics or mathematics or chemistry at school ?

I wish there was a logic pill that we could slip into the water they drink so they could wake up and realise they are being duped by a big fat bloke with a Rolex watch.

I never learned about the end of the world at school. What happens?

This covers the 'so called' back story pretty well:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...t-against-term

Islamic 'teaching' from Mohammad (and his 9 year old wife...) tells them that when the end of the world happens - then if they are inside the Islamic Caliphate they will be protected.

Quite how anyone would believe this nonsense is amazing. Did they not study geography, geology, biology, physics or mathematics or chemistry at school ?

I wish there was a logic pill that we could slip into the water they drink so they could wake up and realise they are being duped by a big fat bloke with a Rolex watch.
    Attachment 1141
    http://blog.watchdoctor.biz/wp-conte...22-212x300.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Because it's an unrecognised state (and probably not a state at all). Many people, journalists and sources in West Germany used to refer to the GDR as the 'sogenannte [so-called] DDR' as they wanted to avoid using the title used by the Eastern bloc, which conveyed a level of legitimacy that many West Germans disagreed with.

Attachment 1141
    Old Mo married her (Aisha) when she was six-years-old.

Another name for Islamic State is ISIS. ISIS is also the acronym of the Israeli Secret Intelligence Service.

Al-Qaeda has no truck with that mob. It's creator says it's a tool of Israel and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is a Mossad agent. There's much speculation (outside of the corporate media, of course) that his real name is Simon Elliot.
    Last edited by Organ Morgan.; 21-12-16 at 12:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Another name for Islamic State is ISIS. ISIS is also the acronym of the Israeli Secret Intelligence Service.

Al-Qaeda has no truck with that mob. It's creator says it's a tool of Israel and its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is a Mossad agent. There's much speculation (outside of the corporate media, of course) that his real name is Simon Elliot.
    Simon Elliot is an anagram of "Elitism Loon", which rhymes with "Boon" as in "Boon" actor Michael Elphick.

It's all falling into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Have they ever actually been called that?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I wish the media would use the term "Daesh". They (daesh/IS/ISIL whatever) hate it.
    indeed

the US are finally catching on with this, they always called them ISIL

I heard one western journalist say ISIS are trying to expand their emirate.

As if it is an establishment, Islamic monarchy...

I think some of them just try to sound fancy at times.

Instead of describing them as they are. A mish mash of religious nutters and mercenaries with no outlook.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    They have too many parents

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Simon Elliot is an anagram of "Elitism Loon", which rhymes with "Boon" as in "Boon" actor Michael Elphick.

Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post