+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff set to make loan move for Bettinelli.

Cardiff set to make loan move for Bettinelli.

Re: Cardiff set to make loan move for Bettinelli.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Amos may well have made a couple of mistakes in the last two games , up till then he had been fabulous, I for one wasn't missing Marshall at all.

"Warnock is desperate to replace the under par Amos" mmmmm sounds a bit harsh to say the least.

I suppose we do need cover and if his form blip continues we will need another keeper along side young Ben Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Amos may well have made a couple of mistakes in the last two games , up till then he had been fabulous, I for one wasn't missing Marshall at all.

"Warnock is desperate to replace the under par Amos" mmmmm sounds a bit harsh to say the least.

I suppose we do need cover and if his form blip continues we will need another keeper along side young Ben Wilson.
    I agree that I wasn't missing Marshall that much, I was more disappointed to lose Moore tbh, but With Marshall in goal, we would've won last Saturday imho

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I agree that I wasn't missing Marshall that much, I was more disappointed to lose Moore tbh, but With Marshall in goal, we would've won last Saturday imho
    Unless Marshall would have punched/kicked (take your pick), their centre forward.

I take it you didnt attend either of the last 2 home games?

For every good save he makes 2 mistakes. We wont get clear of the bottom pack with him in goal.

The Barnsley game looked like some mad keeper on FIFA style of keeping. Terrible.

Even before this week I thought there were occassions when we had missed Marshall. Admittedly he was an outstanding keeper for this level so we weren't going to replace with the same quality but Amos' decision making has always been poor on several occassions, bad judement coming or not coming to claim a cross etc.

But this week I would put 3 of the 5 goals we conceeded down to him. The Wolves strike was a good hit but any keeper should have been able to palm it away from goal, the first against Barsnley was poor positioning and bad footwork to get across the goal mouth and god knows why he was so far off his line for the 3rd goal.

I'm not one for giving any of our players abuse at games and was ashamed to hear the sarcastic cheers aimed at him fronm the Canton stand after the Wolves goal, but clearly the guy is not good enough unless he improves sharpish!

Shows yet again what a difference a quality keeper makes to any team!

I was fairly comfortable with Amos until the last two games where he has made some big mistakes. He had his weaknesses, but was much more convincing than Wilson and his distribution was better than Marshall.

But on Saturday his confidence looked totally shot. Morrison was talking to him a lot after the first Barnsley goal - trying to lift him and keep him focussed I think. I don't know whether he needs to get back on the horse or be taken out of the firing line. I have no idea what Warnock will do but he wasn't making excuses for Amos after the game and seemed angry with him. I assume Wilson will come in if Amos is dropped, because he hasn't done anything to spoil his 'clean sheet' with the manager - but who knows, Warnock might even go for the professional reserve keeper that is Brian Murphy.

It looks inevitable that a keeper will be on the January shopping list.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I was fairly comfortable with Amos until the last two games where he has made some big mistakes. He had his weaknesses, but was much more convincing than Wilson and his distribution was better than Marshall.

But on Saturday his confidence looked totally shot. Morrison was talking to him a lot after the first Barnsley goal - trying to lift him and keep him focussed I think. I don't know whether he needs to get back on the horse or be taken out of the firing line. I have no idea what Warnock will do but he wasn't making excuses for Amos after the game and seemed angry with him. I assume Wilson will come in if Amos is dropped, because he hasn't done anything to spoil his 'clean sheet' with the manager - but who knows, Warnock might even go for the professional reserve keeper that is Brian Murphy.

Made some decent saves last night, but what an admission of our ineptitude in the transfer market this summer that would make.

Got to wonder what Amos will be feeling like for the next two games. I've believed all along that we were after another keeper and, if it is true, then stories like this one aren't going to help for Brentford and Brighton - if I was Warnock, I'd tell him that's he's got two big chances to prove him wrong now.

Given that Wilson's not played a game in months, I'd still pick Amos over him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Made some decent saves last night, but what an admission of our ineptitude in the transfer market this summer that would make.

Got to wonder what Amos will be feeling like for the next two games. I've believed all along that we were after another keeper and, if it is true, then stories like this one aren't going to help for Brentford and Brighton - if I was Warnock, I'd tell him that's he's got two big chances to prove him wrong now.

Given that Wilson's not played a game in months, I'd still pick Amos over him.
    Also doesn't help that Wilson is awful. Amos isn't up to much but Wilson is worse.

Amos has made mistakes but to be fair his defenders have not helped him either.The first goal against Barnsley was a very well taken goal.The last one Manga and Petier should have snuffed out.The other two he was left badly exposed

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo View Post
    I take it you didnt attend either of the last 2 home games?

For every good save he makes 2 mistakes. We wont get clear of the bottom pack with him in goal.

The Barnsley game looked like some mad keeper on FIFA style of keeping. Terrible.
    The first against Wolves was a bad mistake , and yes he looked a bit all over the place on Saturday .

Marshall had off days.

That said we need a choice if Amos is suffering some kind of confidence crisis.

Bettinelli played for Accrington in the game in which Cornelius was injured. He didn't look anything like a Championship keeper that night.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Amos has made mistakes but to be fair his defenders have not helped him either.The first goal against Barnsley was a very well taken goal.The last one Manga and Petier should have snuffed out.The other two he was left badly exposed
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Think your point is important ,and to add this situation it was brought upon us and Amos because Wilson was even worse, generally Amos has put a good shift in , yes he has been caught out twice ,
    ( seen Marshall do the same, and those crosses he didn't like well that's a forgotten matter never mind his distribution ) all keepers have misjudgment moments don't make them crap, perhaps a look at our crap defense, woeful ability of giving the ball to the opposition, having no pace to recover lost ball and playing the wrong full backs anyway over those games might have had a part to play , yeh lets all blame the keeper, and feel better in ourselves.
    Last edited by life on mars; 20-12-16 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

I think we are desperately missing Marshall, but doubt we'll see him return even though most fans would love to see this happen
    I could see Warnock going for someone like Lee Camp in January