+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CCFC set to appoint Russell Slade.

CCFC set to appoint Russell Slade.

He certainly likes basket case clubs .

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/21...russell-slade/

Re: CCFC set to appoint Russell Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He certainly likes basket case clubs .

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/12/21...russell-slade/
    Christ Bob, that header...

Thought we were taking him back for some behind the scenes work..

2016 has been shit for most of us but spare a thought for old Russ.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Christ Bob, that header...

Thought we were taking him back for some behind the scenes work..

2016 has been shit for most of us but spare a thought for old Russ.
    Spare a thought for Coventry fans. Havent they been through enough

I was surprised to see that Tandy now posts on skybluestalk:

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/thread...r.71267/page-6

Try this for Slade love:

You say not spectacular... I'd say he's the league one/two Jose Mourinho. He gets that little bit extra out of lower league average players. A proven man. The stand out candidate at this moment in time.

Russell Slade is done that got the t-shirt man when it comes to saving teams who are in relegation threatened spots... 3 times.

A genius when it comes to dealing in the "free market" and lower division players

Can operate on not even on so much as a shoe string.

Proven manager when it comes to building competitive squads from scratch

Nearly transformed all his clubs into play off candidates not just league also rans and relegation material

Has a habit of half decent cup runs...

Managed nearly 15 years in the football league, namely at league one and two.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Try this for Slade love:

You say not spectacular... I'd say he's the league one/two Jose Mourinho. He gets that little bit extra out of lower league average players. A proven man. The stand out candidate at this moment in time.

Russell Slade is done that got the t-shirt man when it comes to saving teams who are in relegation threatened spots... 3 times.

A genius when it comes to dealing in the "free market" and lower division players

Nearly transformed all his clubs into play off candidates not just league also rans and relegation material

In fairness, Slade's record at Yeovil and Leyton Orient was fantastic, got them to within a game of the Championship. He also did a very good job at Scarborough and Grimsby, League One is probably his level.

We can send Tandy to Coventry too. It's a Christmas miracle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Spare a thought for Coventry fans. Havent they been through enough
    Good point.

"Mourhino" "genius" "proven".
    Good luck Coventry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    We can send Tandy to Coventry too. It's a Christmas miracle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Good luck Coventry.
    The only similarity between Mourhino and Slade is that they're both human and that's debatable as far as Slade is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Good luck Coventry.
    They're going to need it

Slade's record is no worse than Warnock's (so far) and better than Trollope's. There are of course differences. Slade was under instruction to reduce the budget by offloading players whereas Warnock has had the go ahead to sign players - probably on significant wages. Arguably Slade had a more difficult job but gained more points. I am no fan of Slade but history is likely to show he didn't do that bad a job even though his tactics were lamentable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Slade's record is no worse than Warnock's (so far) and better than Trollope's. There are of course differences. Slade was under instruction to reduce the budget by offloading players whereas Warnock has had the go ahead to sign players - probably on significant wages. Arguably Slade had a more difficult job but gained more points. I am no fan of Slade but history is likely to show he didn't do that bad a job even though his tactics were lamentable.
    Yes Slade had to off load players & he certainly used this to cover up his inadequacies. What he failed to talk much about though was the fact that he was also given a fair amount of flexibility to bring in his own players, although sadly most were very poor signings & I think it is fair to say that he wasted a lot of the money provided to him e.g. we were covering premier league wages & a loan fee for Ameobi & the same applies to Lawrence. He wasted fees on Doyle (£750k) & Revell (£175k) plus I suspect that they were both on decent money. He signed a lot of players during his tenure & in my view very few can be considered good signings.

To compare Slade with Warnock at this stage is unfair until Warnock has the ability in January to fix what he has inherited. Also you suggest that Warnock will be given more support than Slade although Warnock has gone on record to state that he will need to sell in order to balance the books.

Try this for Slade love:

If those arent Russ,s own words I will eat my left testicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In fairness, Slade's record at Yeovil and Leyton Orient was fantastic, got them to within a game of the Championship. He also did a very good job at Scarborough and Grimsby, League One is probably his level.
    He should smash league two when he drags Coventry down then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Agree with all of that

Try this for Slade love:

One of the reasons that made me question Slade most but the hopeful voice inside this Coventry fan seems to be willing to ignore the transfer windows here. I'd also question the half decent cup runs line...

Slade is however a real contender for taking teams from relegation threatened to lower mid-table.

Give the bloke a break he's a decent man.