+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pro trump Twitter accounts

Blue in the Face

Re: Pro trump Twitter accounts

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Didn't watch all of it, but I looked at the opening and closing fifteen minutes or so yesterday and found Griffin to be pretty persuasive - on that evidence, he would appear to be a decent man and hardly comes across as some sort of looney tune.

I suppose what concerns me most about the whole mood that was reflected in votes like the American election and the referendum is that the people who appear to be benefiting most from the "rebellion" seen during 2016 are the sort who I could never countenance backing (e.g. Trump, Farage, LePen and Wilders).

That speech comes from ten years ago and it's been a tough decade for so many of us since then, but I still say that if the choice on offer is one of more of the "Liberal elite" or the likes of the four names I listed above, then I know which one I prefer. Did G. Edward Griffin make that speech in 2007 in the hope that the political landscape in 2017 would look like it does now? Based on what I saw in that video, I doubt it, but if he did, then he shares more with this sort of man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin

than a surname.
    Good points. Which is why I always question how organic the emergence of groups claiming to be opposition to corporate fascism, hidden oligarchs and private banker power actually are. The racist loonies always seem to pop up at the right points in history to muddy the water.

Blog Entries

Didn't watch all of it, but I looked at the opening and closing fifteen minutes or so yesterday and found Griffin to be pretty persuasive - on that evidence, he would appear to be a decent man and hardly comes across as some sort of looney tune.

I suppose what concerns me most about the whole mood that was reflected in votes like the American election and the referendum is that the people who appear to be benefiting most from the "rebellion" seen during 2016 are the sort who I could never countenance backing (e.g. Trump, Farage, LePen and Wilders).

That speech comes from ten years ago and it's been a tough decade for so many of us since then, but I still say that if the choice on offer is one of more of the "Liberal elite" or the likes of the four names I listed above, then I know which one I prefer. Did G. Edward Griffin make that speech in 2007 in the hope that the political landscape in 2017 would look like it does now? Based on what I saw in that video, I doubt it, but if he did, then he shares more with this sort of man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin

than a surname.
    Not sure why you were expecting some sort of looney tune? it's amazing how the labels given to people like him can put people off watching, I'm glad you gave it a bit of a chance anyway even if you didn't manage it all, he has done many more since then that are more up to date, I just happened to post that one as WB was talking about the CRF.

The "rebellion" as you call it is happening everywhere, I think the people at the top are there to encourage it but sadly the rise of nationalism is a natural reaction to an unnatural system, it always makes me laugh when I think back to the rebrand and all the drama it caused, Tan accused of ruining our history and cultural vandalism ect ect and yet those same people are shocked when people feel the same way about their country, some people don't like change, it's obvious it's going to happen.

I don't think he's like Nick Griffin, you should give him more than 15 mins before you decide that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Not sure why you were expecting some sort of looney tune? it's amazing how the labels given to people like him can put people off watching, I'm glad you gave it a bit of a chance anyway even if you didn't manage it all, he has done many more since then that are more up to date, I just happened to post that one as WB was talking about the CRF.

The "rebellion" as you call it is happening everywhere, I think the people at the top are there to encourage it but sadly the rise of nationalism is a natural reaction to an unnatural system, it always makes me laugh when I think back to the rebrand and all the drama it caused, Tan accused of ruining our history and cultural vandalism ect ect and yet those same people are shocked when people feel the same way about their country, some people don't like change, it's obvious it's going to happen.

I don't think he's like Nick Griffin, you should give him more than 15 mins before you decide that.
    To clarify, I watched the first fifteen minutes or so and then I watched the last quarter of an hour as well, so I saw getting on for half of it. Point taken re my use of the term "looney tune", it wasn't the best phrase to use - what I was trying to say was that he did not come over as being as obsessed as the admittedly not too many people I've seen on video advancing similar arguments.

I don't really get your rebrand analogy sorry - what examples have there been in this country of histories being ruined and cultural vandalism in the past forty odd years? I can understand the frustration against the EU and would probably have voted to leave if there were only financial matters to consider, but I've never considered to be a threat to our history and culture as I understand those terms.

I did say that I doubted that G. Edward Griffin was advocating the rise of the sort of people I mentioned in my earlier post because he seemed to be more about people power than any particular political position.

Blog Entries

To clarify, I watched the first fifteen minutes or so and then I watched the last quarter of an hour as well, so I saw getting on for half of it. Point taken re my use of the term "looney tune", it wasn't the best phrase to use - what I was trying to say was that he did not come over as being as obsessed as the admittedly not too many people I've seen on video advancing similar arguments.

I don't really get your rebrand analogy sorry - what examples have there been in this country of histories being ruined and cultural vandalism in the past forty odd years? I can understand the frustration against the EU and would probably have voted to leave if there were only financial matters to consider, but I've never considered to be a threat to our history and culture as I understand those terms.

I did say that I doubted that G. Edward Griffin was advocating the rise of the sort of people I mentioned in my earlier post because he seemed to be more about people power than any particular political position.
    You might not consider it a threat but many people do.

I was joking when I said give him more than 15 mins, you're right, he's definitely about people power.