Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Didn't watch all of it, but I looked at the opening and closing fifteen minutes or so yesterday and found Griffin to be pretty persuasive - on that evidence, he would appear to be a decent man and hardly comes across as some sort of looney tune.

I suppose what concerns me most about the whole mood that was reflected in votes like the American election and the referendum is that the people who appear to be benefiting most from the "rebellion" seen during 2016 are the sort who I could never countenance backing (e.g. Trump, Farage, LePen and Wilders).

That speech comes from ten years ago and it's been a tough decade for so many of us since then, but I still say that if the choice on offer is one of more of the "Liberal elite" or the likes of the four names I listed above, then I know which one I prefer. Did G. Edward Griffin make that speech in 2007 in the hope that the political landscape in 2017 would look like it does now? Based on what I saw in that video, I doubt it, but if he did, then he shares more with this sort of man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Griffin

than a surname.
Good points. Which is why I always question how organic the emergence of groups claiming to be opposition to corporate fascism, hidden oligarchs and private banker power actually are. The racist loonies always seem to pop up at the right points in history to muddy the water.