+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Country Fans

Big Country Fans

Some of you may be interested that Big Country have recently announced a date in the Globe for next November, I saw them recently and thought they were great. Stuart has gone and he 'Was' Big Country but they certainly aren't akin to a tribute band, with the same eerie guitars, near perfect live performance and a vocalist that could be Adamson if you shut your eyes.

I never saw them live in the day, but 'The Crossing' is in my top ten albums and always will be.

For anyone who doesn't know what S.A was about watch this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNjc...Njcunc8U5s#t=4
    Last edited by Peajay; 24-12-16 at 11:06.

Re: Big Country Fans

thanks for the heads up

I was a big fan around the time of their first album and saw them back in their heyday, I believe it was in Shepton Mallet!
    Unfortunately, I cant remember much about it now, but I do remember telling everyone for ages how superb the gig was, so ..I guess it was!

I cannot imagine BC without Stuart Adamson TBH.

Saw them as support to Bowie in Cardiff. Chance is one of my favourite ever songs. Might see if I can catch this gig...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Saw them as support to Bowie in Cardiff. Chance is one of my favourite ever songs. Might see if I can catch this gig...
    They do 'Chance' really well, was disappointed they didn't do Harvest Home, but did an excellent 'Hold The Heart' and 'Fields of Fire'

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I was a big fan around the time of their first album and saw them back in their heyday, I believe it was in Shepton Mallet!
    Unfortunately, I cant remember much about it now, but I do remember telling everyone for ages how superb the gig was, so ..I guess it was!

I cannot imagine BC without Stuart Adamson TBH.
    I saw them at Reading in 83. They were brilliant that night as were many of the other bands at the festival.

reading-83-advert.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I was there too 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I saw them at Reading in 83. They were brilliant that night as were many of the other bands at the festival.

reading-83-advert.jpg
    Some good line ups there