+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Windows experts- help please!!

Windows experts- help please!!

My pc stopped working yesterday. I can't boot into windows (10) at all. I can't even restore. Racking my brain for things to do...

Start up repair doesn't repair the pc. It points me to the following log file, which I get to using dos: windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt

It says that the following driver is corrupt:

Windows\system32\drivers\iorate.sys

Can't find much on google for this. Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated

Re: Windows experts- help please!!

Thought this was about double glazing

Neither of the three safe mode options work...

Had the same I needed to uninstall windows 10, reinstall 7, their is a program that stops 10 forcing itself upon you.

I asked a friend with software knowledge to do it , took a few hours, back with 7 now and its life as usual , don't roll back to 8.

There is also a list of don't upgrades which can found on Google that stops the evil 10 secretly uploading, when back on 7 i'll upload them .

10 in my view and others is a snoper.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10432300.html

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Had the same I needed to uninstall windows 10, reinstall 7, their is a program that stops 10 forcing itself upon you.

I asked a friend with software knowledge to do it , took a few hours, back with 7 now and its life as usual , don't roll back to 8.

There is also a list of don't upgrades which can found on Google that stops the evil 10 secretly uploading, when back on 7 i'll upload them .

10 in my view and others is a snoper.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-10432300.html
    Win 10 is undoubtedly a spying OS, i've bought a new PC recently and didn't get a choice, if my OS gets wonky i'll drop an old copy of win 7 on it until then I use
    Capture1.jpg

Spybot Anti-Beacon

Pretty sure I have an old win7 disk that I can restore from. What about my files (photos/excel docs)?? I can see them when moving through the file structures on dos- so there must be a way to recover them

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Pretty sure I have an old win7 disk that I can restore from. What about my files (photos/excel docs)?? I can see them when moving through the file structures on dos- so there must be a way to recover them
    Boot from a Linux USB installation and copy the files you want to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    This.

Linux Mint - easy to use bootable CD should auto mount all the drives / partitions you need, and then copy your files to a USB drive/stick or another partition on the HD if there is one .

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    this again... take the files you want and reinstall windows - get a copy of windows 7 or whatever.