+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: homeplug things

homeplug things

ok i have a dilemma. i need to get wifi upstairs but the upstairs and downstairs sockets are on different circuits so i dont think the homeplugs will work. is there a way i can do this please?

Re: homeplug things

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    ok i have a dilemma. i need to get wifi upstairs but the upstairs and downstairs sockets are on different circuits so i dont think the homeplugs will work. is there a way i can do this please?
    They'll work if they're from the same consumer board. I've got the Solwise plugs and they're brilliant. Get the AV1200 type

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    They'll work if they're from the same consumer board. I've got the Solwise plugs and they're brilliant. Get the AV1200 type
    oh will they? i thought they had to be on the same ring. i have the solwise ones downstairs.

thanks man.

do you have two fuse boxes or one? One fuse box should mean the home plugs work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    do you have two fuse boxes or one? One fuse box should mean the home plugs work fine.
    just the one. cheers.

just the one. cheers.
    Yes. Same consumer no worries.

Personally I'd go for TP link over Solwise. They come with a PC application that you can install to help you easily reset and ensure all your HomePlugs are set the same network key (out of the box they will have the internal network name of HomePlugAV I think from memory). I now have 4 in my house connected and I have had no issues with them...I've had Solwise and Sagemcom too but they broke.