+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bloody Hell, George Michael dead now

Re: Bloody Hell, George Michael dead now

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Oooh, will we get day off work?
    Only if she is immediate family.

I see people comparing Michael unfavourably with Prince and Bowie, saying he's not at their level. Interestingly Michael had more US Number 1s than both Bowie and Prince combined and also had more numbers 1s than them in the UK also. I think people forget how big George Michael was in the 80s and what a great album Faith is. One of my favourite 80s songs is 'One more try'. A great song, with great vocals. I personally am gutted all three are no longer with us. RIP to all three legends.

agree mario pointless comparing artists who leave us . all 3 were great in there own right leave it at that

Banned

What do Ayton Senna and George Micheals deaths have in common?

They both died with skid marks on their helmets.

Wham!

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    What do Ayton Senna and George Micheals deaths have in common?

They both died with skid marks on their helmets.

Wham!
    Off school again huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's 7.4 billion people in the world and every Sky News and nationwide ITV and BBC news summary I've seen since his death became known has led with his passing. That fact in itself is incredible... that the demise of, let me repeat, one person, is currently the most newsworthy item on the planet. I might understand if he had discovered free energy or a cure for Alzheimer's, but he was some pop singer for crying out loud.
    And he was a bender. No excuse for it.

There's 7.4 billion people in the world and every Sky News and nationwide ITV and BBC news summary I've seen since his death became known has led with his passing. That ofact in itself is incredible... that the demise of, let me repeat, one person, is currently the most newsworthy item on the planet. I might understand if he had discovered free energy or a cure for Alzheimer's, but he was some pop singer for crying out loud.
    I know, it's baffling isn't it? Who would have thought that the sudden death at a fairly young age of a very famous person on Christmas Day would make the news?

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    And he was a bender. No excuse for it.
    If it wasn't for benders there wouldn't be enough women to go round, meaning the most undesirable males would have even less chance with the ladies.

You should be thanking the likes of George.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    If it wasn't for benders there wouldn't be enough women to go round, meaning the most undesirable males would have even less chance with the ladies.

You should be thanking the likes of George.

True

And they are usually better looking, more well groomed and more eloquent than us straight guys so quite frankly gay guys put themselves out of the competition for the ladies, a competition they would most likely win if they were straight. So God bless em for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I know, it's baffling isn't it? Who would have thought that the sudden death at a fairly young age of a very famous person on Christmas Day would make the news?
    His death didn't just make the news, it was the lead story. Did you miss that bit? If you sincerely believe that him croaking was the most important news in the entire world for a day and a half then you've been beguiled by the culture of celebrity worship.

His death didn't just make the news, it was the lead story. Did you miss that bit? If you sincerely believe that him croaking was the most important news in the entire world for a day and a half then you've been beguiled by the culture of celebrity worship.
    Oh my goodness me, the lead story! This is an outrage!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Oh my goodness me, the lead story! This is an outrage!
    Okay, you've convinced me. There's a critical shortage of pop singers and the government should announce a period of national mourning to remember George Michael.

Okay, you've convinced me. There's a critical shortage of pop singers and the government should announce a period of national mourning to remember George Michael.
    For someone who was complaining about sensationalism and over the top reactions, you've got a funny way of expressing yourself....

C'mon .. few people could be as indifferent to over-the-top 'celeb' culture than I, but GM was a pretty big name- whether you felt that or not.
    That story is all but over now. Today's chip wrappings. There will be some unsavoury revelations next, no doubt. Give it a few days. Always the way it goes..

I've said the same in too many other threads already, but clearly there is a big pool of 'names' out there now, inevitably many floating towards the surface for natural or un-natural reasons.

I think we can get used to regular 'celebrity' death stories. Some will 'blame' '2017' :rolleyes:

Eventually, I suspect, the planet will get celeb-death fatigue and only the biggest stories will get very much coverage.

George was a fairly big fish though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    Off school again huh?
    Cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

True

And they are usually better looking, more well groomed and more eloquent than us straight guys so quite frankly gay guys put themselves out of the competition for the ladies, a competition they would most likely win if they were straight. So God bless em for it.
    so pleased you avoided stereotyping

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post

True

I used my feminine side with devastating effect, in order to gain a competitive advantage over you macho guys in the competition for the ladies

Post Mortem "inconclusive" and more tests needed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38470678