+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody Hell, George Michael dead now

Re: Bloody Hell, George Michael dead now

RIP George, a very talented singer, songwriter and performer.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    ...and yet Phil Collins continues to walk this earth
    Not to mention Bieber and Kanye

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Not to mention Bieber and Kanye
    Bob Geldof!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    It was his last Christmas.

RIP George
    Last Christmas he gave us his heart,

This year it gave away...

RIP

5 days left of 2016. Princess Leia & HM The Queen must be shitting themselves.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    5 days left of 2016. Princess Leia & HM The Queen must be shitting themselves.
    Rumour has it, the qween has been for years anyway

She's always on the throne
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 26-12-16 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Rumour has it, the qween has been for years anyway

She's always on the throne
    Just wondering what great songs he wrote?

I'm wondering why people are eulogising George Michael. Okay, many are thoughtlessly following the lead of a sympathetic corporate media 'cos he could sing a bit. He was a convicted druggy, convicted road menace and convicted pervert. If those who died prior to 1950s were to be transported to the present day they would likely be amazed at a society so morally corrupted it idolises a narcissistic low-life.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm wondering why people are eulogising George Michael. Okay, many are thoughtlessly following the lead of a sympathetic corporate media 'cos he could sing a bit. He was a convicted druggy, convicted road menace and convicted pervert. If those who died prior to 1950s were to be transported to the present day they would likely be amazed at a society so morally corrupted it idolises a narcissistic low-life.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/george-michaels-secret-acts-kindness-12371240#rlabs=3%20rt$sitewide%20p$7

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/george-michaels-secret-acts-kindness-12371240#rlabs=3%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

Duplicate link to see if 'links' are working again. They aren't.

Throw the switch again, Mike!

Don't think anyone on here has said they "idolised" him. Most posters including myself have only commented on his musical ability.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/mu...0s-thatcherism

He wasn't all bad.

I'm struggling with some calling him a musical legend mind.

He was certainly guilty of some pretty crude behaviour. Then again nobody is suggesting he was a saint. He also did a lot of good raising money for the NHS and children's charities. Its a shame you can only focus on the worst elements of his life and ignoring all the good stuff.

There's 7.4 billion people in the world and every Sky News and nationwide ITV and BBC news summary I've seen since his death became known has led with his passing. That fact in itself is incredible... that the demise of, let me repeat, one person, is currently the most newsworthy item on the planet. I might understand if he had discovered free energy or a cure for Alzheimer's, but he was some pop singer for crying out loud.

It even knocked the monumentous news that the queen's cold prevented her from attending Christmas Day mass off the breaking news banner.

It even knocked the monumentous news that the queen's cold prevented her from attending Christmas Day mass off the breaking news banner.

Just think what it will be like when the old dear passes away. We will have weeks of mourning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just think what it will be like when the old dear passes away. We will have weeks of mourning.
    I'd bet good money on sky, BBC and itv having a suite of programming on standby just in case.

I'd bet good money on sky, BBC and itv having a suite of programming on standby just in case.
    Nicholas Witchell got his & her obituary notes in his hand at this very moment. Covering all bases if either or both go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I'm very certainly no big fan, but I will be respectful for a reasonable duration.
    The inevitable weeks of mock misery and moaning will be utterly infuriating.

There's 7.4 billion people in the world and every Sky News and nationwide ITV and BBC news summary I've seen since his death became known has led with his passing. That fact in itself is incredible... that the demise of, let me repeat, one person, is currently the most newsworthy item on the planet. I might understand if he had discovered free energy or a cure for Alzheimer's, but he was some pop singer for crying out loud.
    Dont think so.

He was in Wham....

There is a possibility that the media is experiencing a "slow news day" and his death is giving them the opportunity to fill air time.

Only saying.

Quote Originally Posted by whofan View Post
    and the BBC will reportedly suspend all comedy shows

I thought they did that years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I'm very certainly no big fan, but I will be respectful for a reasonable duration.
    The inevitable weeks of mock misery and moaning will be utterly infuriating.
    I'm ok with respect but the temporary madness that came over large parts of the country when Princess Di died was ridiculous.
    I remember a work colleague going nuts because he'd gone to a supermarket and they were still playing their customary Muzak over the tannoy.

Quote Originally Posted by whofan View Post
    Oooh, will we get day off work?