+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we the worst team in the league for conceding late goals?

Are we the worst team in the league for conceding late goals?

Don't know if anyone has any stats on this, there seems to be stats on everything else. It's nothing new, conceding late, late goals. We did it under Dave Jones, Malky, Slade, Trollope and now Colin. We have thrown away 3 points in the last 2 games by conceding in 90+ minutes and it's really pissing me off. WTF is wrong with them, that they can't see a game out for a couple of minutres?

Re: Are we the worst team in the league for conceding late goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
    Don't know if anyone has any stats on this, there seems to be stats on everything else. It's nothing new, conceding late, late goals. We did it under Dave Jones, Malky, Slade, Trollope and now Colin. We have thrown away 3 points in the last 2 games by conceding in 90+ minutes and it's really pissing me off. WTF is wrong with them, that they can't see a game out for a couple of minutres?
    Yes without any doubt and its been officially recognised in the entire football league. Measured from 85th minute on.
    The last fifteen years we hold that title.
    I am sick of the never ending shite at the end of almost all our games.

Oh just got back to Jersey.
    feet up with a G and T
    See you at Brighton

Certainly feels that way. The only time I feel comfortable is with a three goal cushion with under five minutes to play

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Certainly feels that way. The only time I feel comfortable is with a three goal cushion with under five minutes to play
    We all know that cushion is not big enough.

I'll admit to not being much of a football tactician but what I don't understand is that having played for 70 minutes in a way that has kept a clean sheet and got you a couple of goals I.e "playing well" why change it?
    Similar to the old "if it ain't broke..." rule

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'll admit to not being much of a football tactician but what I don't understand is that having played for 70 minutes in a way that has kept a clean sheet and got you a couple of goals I.e "playing well" why change it?
    Similar to the old "if it ain't broke..." rule
    Mental toughness,concentration ,talent are the key factors. Plus we need Bamba back as soon as, at least Amos has had a rest.

Joint worst with Rotherham this season for conceding in the last 15 minutes.

http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england2

I haven't found the table that says we are the worst in the league for conceding from the 85th minute - or that we have held that title for the last 15 years ()