+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you be delighted if Swansea went down?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 80.00%
  • No

11 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be delighted if Swansea went down?

Would you be delighted if Swansea went down?

Gloves off, simple question.

Re: Would you be delighted if Swansea went down?

Easy answer

yes, we've had dogs abuse and rightly so, now the boots on the other foot and the roost is full, feel sorry for max and zz etc but pent up, scorio, bryndon etc

In a pervurse way I admired how they got there and took on and beat many big clubs ,they were a sought of little man standing up to the commercial big spenders.

If we play them I hate them and would relish beating them and voicing that proudl and loud .

We've had so many car crash moments over the past few years and all the while had the self appointed paragon of virtues 44 miles west moralising over us whilst claiming to be everybodys second team.

So ha ha ha **** them 😃😃😃😃

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In a pervurse way I admired how they got there and took on and beat many big clubs ,they were a sought of little man standing up to the commercial big spenders.

If we play them I hate them and would relish beating them and voicing that proudl and loud .
    The simple answer you seem to be struggling with, is "yes"

International

I'll be happy when they are expelled from the football league as they should have been the second time they renaged on their debts to local traders.

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;4704985]I'll be happy when they are expelled from the football league as they should have been the second time they renaged on their debts to local traders AND CHARITIES

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The simple answer you seem to be struggling with, is "yes"
    I dont want to say much more on the matter until I see my mind doctor in the morning.

Intrestingly I dislike other clubs much more such as Leeds,Liverpool,Wolves,Pompey,Millwall,Chelsea,Bri zzies,all of whom I Had history with back in the day , Swansea were not a factor in the big hate league.

Ecstatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    But will it be good for Welsh football though?

No. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want to see Swansea win things but Welsh clubs as high as they can be should be aim rather than us being the highest placed but in League Two.

I remember about 18 months ago seeing a premiership league table showing which teams had brought the most players through to their first teams.

Swansea were rock bottom so no need to lose any sleep over them being good for Welsh football

I'd find it funnier than the time I saw one of the wazzocks from school run full pelt into a goalpost as he was looking in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    No. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily want to see Swansea win things but Welsh clubs as high as they can be should be aim rather than us being the highest placed but in League Two.

Pretty much agree with this, BUT. Im sure that come the end of the season with Swansea needing a win to stay up, I would be lying if I said that I wouldn't be wishing them to lose.

Thank you Mrs Dyer , for spreading your legs for Morgan; that was the beginning of the end.

I would be extremely happy.

Overjoyed in fact.

would love it!

but dont want welsh clubs going down the crapper

Would absolutely be over the moon. Prefer them to go down almost as much as if we got promoted

I've never really been that bothered about Swansea. Perhaps its an age thing. In my early years as a City fan Swansea Town were not an issue , they were usually in another Division and we only seemed to play them occasionally in the Welsh Cup. In fact we didn't play them in the league at all between 1965 and 1980. We started playing them more often after that when times weren't so good. I was more bothered about Bristol City as local rivals in those days and still am. We always seemed to be playing them. I always remember my father telling me how pleased he was when we beat them to promotion from the 3rd Division South just after the war. A quick count up shows that we have only ever played Swansea 56 times in the league but Bristol City 80 times. I suppose that one mellows with old age but I would prefer a situation whereby they stayed up and we joined them. It might even be good for Welsh football (a bit of mindless optimism there). However, my dislike for Leeds United which was acquired in the 70s has not abated so I would be quite happy to see them disappear from the face of the earth completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I've never really been that bothered about Swansea. Perhaps its an age thing. In my early years as a City fan Swansea Town were not an issue , they were usually in another Division and we only seemed to play them occasionally in the Welsh Cup. In fact we didn't play them in the league at all between 1965 and 1980. We started playing them more often after that when times weren't so good. I was more bothered about Bristol City as local rivals in those days and still am. We always seemed to be playing them. I always remember my father telling me how pleased he was when we beat them to promotion from the 3rd Division South just after the war. A quick count up shows that we have only ever played Swansea 56 times in the league but Bristol City 80 times. I suppose that one mellows with old age but I would prefer a situation whereby they stayed up and we joined them. It might even be good for Welsh football (a bit of mindless optimism there). However, my dislike for Leeds United which was acquired in the 70s has not abated so I would be quite happy to see them disappear from the face of the earth completely.
    Think your right it is an age thing ,so many bigger rivalries and stand up battles back in the 70 's, this Swansea thing is more of a petty jelousy chip on the old shoulder thing .

Trying to get at Brizzies fans via police lines as they chanted Aberfan at us at Ashton Gate is real hatred .

It stoned as we got off a train at Elland Road.

Cornered and beaten up at Milwall and Pompey puts it all into a perspective for me .

Can't wait to play and best them though next year.

Be nice if they go down to Division 2, it's what their Town truly deserves

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    My feelings exactly.

My Leeds dislike is heightened by living in Sheffield - no love lost between West and South Yorkshire. I also lived in Bristol for 6 years (next to the Rovers ground for the last 2 years) so felt the rivalry with the red half of the city more than most.

Would love it! Hopefully that tinpot club in Newport will go down as well.