+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manga and Bamba?

Manga and Bamba?

So is our defence going to line up with Manga and Bamba (sounds like a song !) on Friday ? If so who is dropped ? Problem is we then lose manga for African cup thing in January don't we ?

Re: Manga and Bamba?

I'd be surprised if Bamba did not come straight back into the team. I keep Manga in for Brighton, but would not be altogether surprised if he dropped out because of his upcoming international commitments and the club's desire to sell him.

Also, will Warnock stick with three centrebacks? If he does, I'd say Bamba for Manga might be the only change at the back, but if we went for a flat back four, it's always tended to be Connolly who drops out when a centreback needs to make way.

However, this time, we have a manager who Connolly has worked with successfully before, but I can't help thinking that dropping your captain always looks bad for a manager, so I'd say it will be Morrison and Bamba at centreback on Friday if we are only using two of them - I hope that doesn't mean a return to Peltier at left back though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd be surprised if Bamba did not come straight back into the team. I keep Manga in for Brighton, but would not be altogether surprised if he dropped out because of his upcoming international commitments and the club's desire to sell him.

Also, will Warnock stick with three centrebacks? If he does, I'd say Bamba for Manga might be the only change at the back, but if we went for a flat back four, it's always tended to be Connolly who drops out when a centreback needs to make way.

However, this time, we have a manager who Connolly has worked with successfully before, but I can't help thinking that dropping your captain always looks bad for a manager, so I'd say it will be Morrison and Bamba at centreback on Friday if we are only using two of them - I hope that doesn't mean a return to Peltier at left back though.

Was Morrison on the pitch yesterday ? (yes I'm serious)

Morrison won the penalty and had a goal disallowed

Manga has looked different class recently. If he has to go so be it , but would be the first name on my team sheet every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Manga has looked different class recently. If he has to go so be it , but would be the first name on my team sheet every week.
    Manga has been very good but based on Warnock's recent comments as soon as another club comes in for him he will be gone. It is a shame as I think he is a better defender than Morrison & I would really like to see him play regularly alongside Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Morrison won the penalty and had a goal disallowed
    So, once again, he's ok in their box, BUT SHITE IN OURS

Manga had a couple of dodgy games during the past year which is suspect was his colleagues dragging him down to their level but as others have said, and I've said before, the guy is quality.
    Unfortunately the no nonsence style which NW has adopted, quite rightly IMO, since he's been here will see him probably only be a bit part player.
    Shame because if we were challenging, and in the unlikely event we happened to get promotion in the next couple of seasons, Manga could do a job in the style we would all like to see us play.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No need to shout

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I like Manga and it's a shame he will be missing in January as I believe that a Bamba and Manga partnership would work. Morrison does not have a captains presence for me ,and is just not good enough defensively. When defending a lead it's requires that rallying cry and some strong challenges As Bamba has done prior to his head loss moment. I don't think there was is any loss of face in dropping your captain it's how he reacts is key.
    I am hoping for Bamba and Manga in the line up on Friday but whatever it is I will be right behind the team as fancy a sneaky 2-1 !

The problem with Manga is that he flatters to deceive. One minute he looks the classiest of players but always I feel there is a mistake in him which often turns out to be the case.

I'd love it if we signed Chistopher Samba, mainly for the confusion it would cause in Kevin Ratcliffe's commentary on our matches.

Was Morrison on the pitch yesterday ? (yes I'm serious)
    Warnock will not drop his captain

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Manga has been very good but based on Warnock's recent comments as soon as another club comes in for him he will be gone. It is a shame as I think he is a better defender than Morrison & I would really like to see him play regularly alongside Bamba
    He is a better footballer than Morrison but an absolute liability when up against an aggressive centre forward.

Agreed but surely bamba would take that responsibility just feel that Morrison doesn't cover well either. Anyway the team selection will be interesting on Friday and think we can take advantage of Brighton over confidence I hope !

Really enjoyed the game yesterday still buzzing !

Interestingly Bamba and Manga played in the same side but not as a central defensive pairing and it worked like a dream. Shame we lose Manga for January.
    Also humble pie time thought Morrison was excellent yesterday his best performance for sometime ... apologies Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Really enjoyed the game yesterday still buzzing !

Interestingly Bamba and Manga played in the same side but not as a central defensive pairing and it worked like a dream. Shame we lose Manga for January.
    Also humble pie time thought Morrison was excellent yesterday his best performance for sometime ... apologies Sean
    There is just no excuse for not having a wash/shower over such a long time and soap is very cheap to buy. Still buzzing? - disgusting

Keeping the sweet smell of victory

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I'd love it if we signed Chistopher Samba, mainly for the confusion it would cause in Kevin Ratcliffe's commentary on our matches.
    Racist. Reported.

But don't you think Villa were poor up front , not as good as Barnsley or Brentford in attack.

True Villas scoring record has been poor last 6 games but only commenting on yesterday's game. Results and performances like that breed confidence. Hopefully a springboard for more clean sheets

This is embarrassing .....even by your standards!!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    This is embarrassing .....even by your standards!!
    Bloomin Heck GB you've sure got one on you for BLUETIT

Auld Lang Syne seems to have a hidden meaning for you... Overcharged you on a trip or something has he?

I'd love to see Manga & Morrison as CBs with Bamba as the CDM in front of them for the rest of the season...unfortunately I'd imagine one or more of them will be sold this Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I'd love to see Manga & Morrison as CBs with Bamba as the CDM in front of them for the rest of the season...unfortunately I'd imagine one or more of them will be sold this Jan.
    Agreed. We keep saying that Manga will be on his way but I don't believe there is any interest at the moment. Add to that we would probably receive a minuscule fee compared to what we paid.
    I think Bamba at centre midfield is a gamble worth continuing with.
    From that position he could easily become club captain next season and become the midfield general that we have lacked.
    Sign a play maker alongside and it may work.
    We also need pace in midfield.