+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mind The Gap

Mind The Gap

Watching Southampton Home to Spurs at the moment has got me thinking about the now lack of competition in the premier league and the gap between the top 6 and the rest

Whilst theres always been a gap it appears to be a huge chasm tonight

In my opinion Southampton/Everton are the best of the rest (outside the top 6) and Spurs the worst of the best and the chasm is huge its 1-4 now and Spurs have missed a penalty.

Leicester is going to be a magnificent one off

The more money that is thrown at it makes it more inevitable that there will be even less competition in 'The Best League in the World' which will no doubt lead to more calls fort he breakaway Euro Elite league.

The game tonight highlights that the premier league is gorging itself to death

Re: Mind The Gap

I just don`t understand how the big clubs get away with FFP rules they spend literally billions.
    There can`t be that much money coming in can there ?

I'm sure I read that Manure fans coming through the turnstiles amount to only 30% of their annual turnover?

TV and massive sponsorship mean the fans are becoming less and less important to football clubs

It's all about the brand

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I'm sure I read that Manure fans coming through the turnstiles amount to only 30% of their annual turnover?

TV and massive sponsorship mean the fans are becoming less and less important to football clubs

It's all about the brand
    However the club image will be weakened if played in front of those Chelsea style cardboard fans or empty seats. Football clubs should still recognise that fans play such an important role and football fans shouldn't be so quick to sell their role for a bit of extra investment.

Can you name me another league where 6 clubs have somewhat of a shot at winning the title? Or where there is so much competition for the Champions League places? There used to be a top four, where only three could win the title, and the rest so surely the league has become more competitive?