+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Debbie Reynolds dies

Debbie Reynolds dies

Following a stroke.

Re: Debbie Reynolds dies

Sounds like a suspected stroke but can you die of shock?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I think you probably can at that age.
    RIP Lady

RIP Debbie

Her daughter died yesterday.....Carrie Fisher

Remember her well in the film "How the West was won". Bit of a looker in her day.
    Good innings, but still sad how it panned out for her and her daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Yes, high amounts of stress raise a person's probability of suffering a stroke.
    Last edited by Kable; 29-12-16 at 09:22.

She was the voice of "Charlotte's Web"

RIP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38455777

my mrs told me she was in Halloweentown, my oldest watched that everyday for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Kable View Post
    Yes, high amounts of stress raise a person's probability of suffering a stroke.
    My wife's mother died of lung cancer at 62 and her father (68 and apparently in good health) died suddenly a few days later. (An aneurysm according to the post-mortem). The mother's funeral was postponed so that they could be buried together. So, yes, it happens. To say it was a traumatic time for us is a gross understatement!

"Some people talk about "broken heart syndrome", known more formally as stress cardiomyopathy or takotsubo cardiomyopathy. According to the British Heart Foundation, it is a "temporary condition where your heart muscle becomes suddenly weakened or stunned. The left ventricle, one of the heart's chambers, changes shape."
    It can be brought on by a shock. "About three quarters of people diagnosed with takotsubo cardiomyopathy have experienced significant emotional or physical stress prior to becoming unwell," the charity says.
    This stress might be bereavement but it could be a shock of another kind. There are documented cases of people suffering the condition after being frightened by colleagues pulling a prank, or suffering the stress of speaking to a large group of people. It's speculated that the sudden release of hormones - in particular, adrenaline - causes the stunning of the heart muscle.
    This is different from a heart attack, which is a stopping of the heart because the blood supply is constricted, perhaps by clogged arteries."