+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Recycling based gov petition

Recycling based gov petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/167596

While it is far from perfect (it will take several years to accomplish, but the petition does call for a 5 years grace period) I feel it's somewhat strange to have the black bin reduced in size yet the amount of items you can't recycle be so high. Other items can be recycled just not in your standard green bag. Sure, you can throw away any type of plastic (Hovis bread bags, for example) and make those employed to do so pick them out of the general recycle waste but how much time and money is wasted creating that job? Other councils seem to put the strain on the individual and have 5 different bin bags/boxes for the homeowner to try and work out.

Wouldn't it be easier if as much packaging as possible was recyclable?

Re: Recycling based gov petition

I'm sure this can be done ,at a price to the consumer,and again lower down the food chain the harder that will be felt.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm sure this can be done ,at a price to the consumer,and again lower down the food chain the harder that will be felt.
    In the long term I would imagine this effect would be negligible. At the moment 'green' packaging is a bit of a gimmick, legislation can make it more widespread and costs will go down as manufacturing increases.

I work in flats and apartment blocks for property management company's, I also live in an apartment so have seen the communal bins in many many developments. Recycling is a joke

40% of green recycling bags are used for and go into the general waste bins, the green recycling bins have all sorts, you name it, its in there. People do recycle but the green bag waste quickly gets contaminated with all sorts.

Houses can be policed, flats and apartments are a major problem and it's very difficult to police them and find the culprits

Load of old bollox.

It all ends up on a boat to china anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Load of old bollox.

For the first few years, at least, Cardiff just chucked the green bags in the landfill. Think they do make some efforts now.
    Last edited by lardy; 04-01-17 at 10:41.

Blog Entries

Hemp plastic has been the answer to this for years, there is nothing you can't make with hemp.

The other way to look at it would be to improve our recycling capability so our system can handle more waste. Sweden seem to have a very robust system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Load of old bollox.

^^^THIS^^^