+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Could Phil Smith's replacement at Wales Online be...........................................

Could Phil Smith's replacement at Wales Online be...........................................

Steve Tucker? He was at Neil Warnock's press conference today asking plenty of questions, so he's back covering City somewhere.

Re: Could Phil Smith's replacement at Wales Online be...........................................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Steve Tucker? He was at Neil Warnock's press conference today asking plenty of questions, so he's back covering City somewhere.
    I think he's with BBC Wales. I'm sure I saw that somewhere a month or so ago.

Tucker was the one interviewing Gunnar (off camera) in the recent CC Player 'round up' pieces on hospital visits and community events. Or of it wasn't Tucker, there are two of them out there!

Re: Could Phil Smith's replacement at Wales Online be...........................................

He is working for BBC Wales 'at the moment' so you never know.
    Ps good to have a City fan on BBC Wales. They are Everton(Radcliffe and Hardy), Chelsea(Phillips) and Spurs(Poyser) to my knowledge. Think the rest are egg chasers really.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He is working for BBC Wales 'at the moment' so you never know.
    Ps good to have a City fan on BBC Wales. They are Everton(Radcliffe and Hardy), Chelsea(Phillips) and Spurs(Poyser) to my knowledge. Think the rest are egg chasers really.
    Not forgetting Danny Gabbidon (City), Andy Legg (City & Jacks), Ian Walsh (City & Jacks), Jason Perry (City and County), and Iwan Roberts (Norwich and Leicester). All regular contributors on BBC Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Not forgetting Danny Gabbidon (City), Andy Legg (City & Jacks), Ian Walsh (City & Jacks), Jason Perry (City and County), and Iwan Roberts (Norwich and Leicester). All regular contributors on BBC Wales.
    Good spotting. I was thinking more about the regular pundits, Walsh is no more a City fan than I am a Jack, though Gabbs in particular is coming over well.

I'm sure Rob Phillips is really a Bluebird isn't he???

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I'm sure Rob Phillips is really a Bluebird isn't he???
    I think he's a good guy, but he's not a bluebird. Either Chelsea or Cwnty for him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Terry Phillips is also writing again on City and The Devils. For an online publication called Dai Sport

Here's Steve Tucker's BBC Wales article on the Warnock press conference:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38460745

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Tucker now works at the bbc - moved over a while back. Western Mail / Wales online/ Echo etc are losing money by the bucket load - so I dont think they be hiring anyone new - other than a couple of student journos (and they'l probably do a better job)
    A better job than Phil Smith?

He's only been around for a year, but he's been a breathe of fresh (and informed) air at Wales Online. It will be a major loss to football reporting in Cardiff when he goes back up to the north east.

If however you mean a couple of journalist students would do a better job than Steve Tucker, you may have a point. He was sometimes entertaining but that was the best anyone could say. He didn't know his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A better job than Phil Smith?

He's only been around for a year, but he's been a breathe of fresh (and informed) air at Wales Online. It will be a major loss to football reporting in Cardiff when he goes back up to the north east.

If however you mean a couple of journalist students would do a better job than Steve Tucker, you may have a point. He was sometimes entertaining but that was the best anyone could say. He didn't know his stuff.
    Unfortunately Phil has already gone, Brentford was his last game

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Unfortunately Phil has already gone, Brentford was his last game
    He had his name to this yesterday:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...owing-12366642

But nothing since, so looks like that's his sign off piece.

I suppose that means the Blakey's Bootroom podcast will now feature Paul Abbandonato or 'guests'?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Walsh hates Cardiff. Leggy is a bluebird, Gabbs is too and Psycho needs no label.