+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Brighton travel advice

  1. #1
    First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Nigeria/ Surrey
    Posts
    1,727

    Brighton travel advice

    Would normally train it but due to the strike action probably not the greatest option.
    However, the Brighton official site seems to be doing its best to put off any travel by car with dire warnings regarding parking.
    Does anyone have personal experience on the parking situation or decent advice on travel by car to the Amex.

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    I'm planning to get the train from Brighton centre (and back again).

    http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/artic...n-3490522.aspx

    Brighton & Hove Albion have been advised by Southern Rail that they are planning their usual matchday rail services for the home match with Cardiff City on Friday 30th December, kick-off 7.45pm.

    Nonetheless, the club has laid on additional travel services for fans - and also made contingency plans to deal with any possible disruption.

    We are operating an addition park & ride service at Sainsbury’s West Hove (please note parking is now sold out, but there is bus capacity for walk-up customers) but seats on the buses must be booked in advance via seagullstickets.com.

    A limited number of spaces are available in Car Park B (The Bridge), and can be purchased in advance via seagullstickets.com, but Car Park C (Sussex University) has now sold out.

    The usual park and ride sites at Mill Road, the University of Brighton and Brighton Racecourse will be open from 4.45pm.

    Additional buses have been secured through Seagull Travel and spaces are available to book via their website.

    Supporters travelling by rail are advised to check train times with Southern Rail or National Rail Enquiries.

    Please note that wherever possible, all fans are advised to get to the stadium as early as possible regardless of how they are travelling.

  3. #3

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Last time I went to the American Excuse stadium I used the park and ride and waited 1 hour and 20 minutes for a double decker to take me back to said park and ride ( it was an evening game and I lived in London then ).

    Never again if I can't use the train.

  4. #4

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Would normally train it but due to the strike action probably not the greatest option.
    However, the Brighton official site seems to be doing its best to put off any travel by car with dire warnings regarding parking.
    Does anyone have personal experience on the parking situation or decent advice on travel by car to the Amex.

    Thanks
    From what I've heard and read, its coach or nothing. Don't bother taking the car and the train...least said the better.

  5. #5

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    It's a shithole to get into and out of.

  6. #6

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    a shithole to get into
    Brighton eh! Don't you just love it.

  7. #7

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Bloody hell parking is really shite ain't it !
    Just booked parking on someone's drive 1.5 miles away

  8. #8

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    I think I might try The Down Hotel which is about 2 miles away from the stadium & they offer a park & ride service. It is not one of the travel services advertised by the club so will hopefully be a bit quieter & allow a for a few pre-match beers

  9. #9

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Have you tried 'just parking' website it was 8

  10. #10

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Planning on using the park and ride...advice is to get there early. We are already down on the south coast(Portsmouth��) and to add to the travel fun and games it's foggy. Just hoping it will clear up over the next few hours.

  11. #11

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I think I might try The Down Hotel which is about 2 miles away from the stadium & they offer a park & ride service. It is not one of the travel services advertised by the club so will hopefully be a bit quieter & allow a for a few pre-match beers
    You will get caught in traffic, it is one road in and one road out.

    Rod Stewart was 1&half hours late for his own concert !
    Laid into Brighton Council big time, saying sort out your roads.

    It's a shithole.

  12. #12

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You will get caught in traffic, it is one road in and one road out.

    Rod Stewart was 1&half hours late for his own concert !
    Laid into Brighton Council big time, saying sort out your roads.

    It's a shithole.
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated

  13. #13

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Have you tried 'just parking' website it was 8
    Thanks, I have just booked a space using this site. It's a similar distance to you so a bit of a walk!

  14. #14

  15. #15

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Would normally train it but due to the strike action probably not the greatest option.
    However, the Brighton official site seems to be doing its best to put off any travel by car with dire warnings regarding parking.
    Does anyone have personal experience on the parking situation or decent advice on travel by car to the Amex.

    Thanks
    Parking is a joke.

    Drive to Lewes and get the train - it is free and only 10 mins away.

    There is no other option.

    Trust me!

  16. #16

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Parking is a joke.

    Drive to Lewes and get the train - it is free and only 10 mins away.

    There is no other option.

    Trust me!
    Watch out for industrial action on the trains:

    http://www.southernrailway.com/strik...y-30-december/

    Looks like Saturday service on operation today.

  17. #17

  18. #18

    Re: Brighton travel advice

    A Tuesday night in February it is then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •