Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York flights for under £60!

Re: New York flights for under £60!

I wouldn't fancy lading in the sea or a mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I wouldn't fancy lading in the sea or a mountain

You agree with lardy then.

Must admit it's a bit of a throw away statement and I certainly care where I land especially if it's an ungodly hour.
    If it means having to get cabs and accommodation, all of a sudden your cheap flight becomes not cost effective.

Immigration in Dublin is also a good idea as if they refuse you entry (which is becoming quite popular these days), it's not such a ball ache to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    They already do budget transatlantic flights of course, but Norwegian are going to start even cheaper fares in the coming year from Edinburgh and Ireland, but they are also looking at different airports. It would be great to see the WAG try and get them into Cardiff Airport.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...nder-60-pounds
    These flights are to NY State BTW. About 70 miles north of NYC. You'd have to get a shuttle bus, a cab or an Uber into the city.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's what I think. The article cites an airport 75 miles from Frankfurt being advertised as Frankfurt.
    Ryanair also use "Düsseldorf Weeze" as their Düsseldorf airport...Weeze happens to be about as far from Düsseldorf as Cardiff is from Gloucester.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And preferably set up a us immigration at the airport like they have at Dublin.
    US BC said they were looking at upto 5 airports in the UK to setup a US BC section ( like Dublin )

Flying via Dublin is great for that, shame the food at the airport is crap