+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Martins tweet

Steve Martins tweet

So Steve Martain has had a " backlash " with his tweet about Carrie

“When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen, She turned out to be witty and bright as well.”

I guess the Lefties, LGBT's and a.n.other faux Outrage lot were the main cause of the " backlash "

I have just read a tweet saying it " objectified her "

when will it end ? ? ? will we ever get back to being able to say anything without offending someone somewhere ? ? ?

Re: Steve Martins tweet

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

“When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen, She turned out to be witty and bright as well.”

I guess the Lefties, LGBT's and a.n.other faux Outrage lot were the main cause of the " backlash "

when will it end ? ? ? will we ever get back to being able to say anything without offending someone somewhere ? ? ?
    Sounds like you're suffering from a bit of fauxrage yourself.

I'd like to see this backlash? Assuming they there was actually a backlash and not just one or two disapproving tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I'd like to see this backlash? Assuming they there was actually a backlash and not just one or two disapproving tweets.
    its trending on facebook at the mo

i guess google might help you

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Sounds like you're suffering from a bit of fauxrage yourself.
    not really, just thought i would start a discussion on here to get a few viewpoints ( i have also mentioned it on 2 other forums i am on and in 3 " chatrooms "

As a leftie I don' t have a problem with what he said. How do you know the political persuasion of the complainants btw?Oh and are you a right wing hanger and flogger?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Some people like to be offended and love to be shocked and saddened by the humiliation.

Twitter is full of knobs both left and right leaning morons.
    Lefties seem to have a current fetish about anything 'LGBT' though, it's like your new black friend.

I have mates who black, gay and even a couple of gingers - none of them or me take offence at what anyone says. If you do take offence at the nearest opportunity - you shouldn't be on social media
    you associate with the gingers??

His statement is logically correct, you cannot determine a person's intelligence and personality just from their looks. I'd be inclined to blame the education system for churning out legions of dumb halfwits
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 29-12-16 at 19:56.

I googled it, and the only faux outrage I can see is from people offended by the alleged response to his tweet. It's like a great big , non existent, cyberspace faux outrage roundabout with everyone getting offended by everyone else.

I googled it, and the only faux outrage I can see is from people offended by the alleged response to his tweet. It's like a great big , non existent, cyberspace faux outrage roundabout with everyone getting offended by everyone else.
    stop outraging me pls

As a mod, shouldn't you have moved your post to the politics forum by now?

As a mod, shouldn't you have moved your post to the politics forum by now?
    do you really political then ? ? ?

do you really political then ? ? ?
    You were blaming lefties.

You were blaming lefties.
    I stand corrected

I stand corrected
    Is Croesy banned?

I stand corrected
    Built up shoe ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Built up shoe ?
    as you mention it, yes

for about 2 weeks i have been suffering with Plantar fasciitis so my wife got me some insole thing

as you mention it, yes

for about 2 weeks i have been suffering with Plantar fasciitis so my wife got me some insole thing
    had this off and on, painful first thing and funnily enough when you lift the foot up goes away eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    had this off and on, painful first thing and funnily enough when you lift the foot up goes away eventually
    you are right, first thing in the morning when you get up the pain is immense, felt nothing like it

you are right, first thing in the morning when you get up the pain is immense, felt nothing like it
    pulling toes and ankle right back helps as it stretches the tendon, you can get a special boot to wear at night, i had cortezon injection in mine once, i had it off and on for years in either foot, caused by standing all day in my job, its called policeman heel

pulling toes and ankle right back helps as it stretches the tendon, you can get a special boot to wear at night, i had cortezon injection in mine once, i had it off and on for years in either foot, caused by standing all day in my job, its called policeman heel
    Can someone please move this thread to the chiropody forum.

Re: Steve Martins feet

Yes please - someone backheel it over there!

Don't worry. It will end up as a mere footnote.

Best car I ever drove

Thank fook you don't moderate Twitter.