Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BRIGHTON v CARDIFF CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

Re: Match postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Whats the score?
    0-0 at the moment, can't see us winning this though

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You never really want games postponed but this may work out better for us in the long run. They are bang on form at the moment and we'll hopefully have brought some new players in by the time the game is rescheduled.
    Every cloud has a silver lining.

Re: Ref 2nd inspection at Amex due to fog at 17.45

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I remember that. Friday night game.
    Me too. With the floodlights on, it was like daylight outside the ground.

Re: Ref 2nd inspection at Amex due to fog at 17.45

Only an hours drive for me tonight so not all bad still gutted though - hope All those that made the journey had a safe trip home.
    Roll on Monday !

Re: BRIGHTON v CARDIFF CITY. MATCH POSTPONED

There was no health and safety issue. Game should have gone ahead.

Referee in buzzer / voice contact with linesmen, 20 - 30 yard area around players has good vision, fans would love to have had the chance to say in 20 years time that they were there when Brighton played Cardiff in the fog and they couldn't see the goal at the other end of the stadium when Gunnarsson scissor kicked the winner.

We've become pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Gutted for all those hardy souls who made the long difficult journey.
    Agree, dreadful luck.

I'm sure most would agree though that it may work out for us in the long run for reasons previously mentioned, not least that BHA are on a great run, not the ideal time to play them.

Piss poor that we had to play on a Friday night. It is bad enough when this happens for TV reasons but it wasn't even being shown!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    There was no health and safety issue. Game should have gone ahead.

Referee in buzzer / voice contact with linesmen, 20 - 30 yard area around players has good vision, fans would love to have had the chance to say in 20 years time that they were there when Brighton played Cardiff in the fog and they couldn't see the goal at the other end of the stadium when Gunnarsson scissor kicked the winner.

We've become pussies.
    I agree with those saying that the postponement didn't do us any harm (in fact, we might end up going there with a squad Neil Warnock sees more of as his own and Brighton having a bit of a wobble as the promotion nerves kick in), but you're right, based on the pictures I saw, it was a surprise to me that the match was called off - it looks perfectly playable in the video in this link.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rdiff-12388431

I'm sure you and a few others on here will recall another Friday night match from nearly a quarter of a century ago when we played Mansfield in conditions that I remember as being worse than those shown on the telly last night. I was down the front of the Bob Bank that night and couldn't see two of the five goals scored as we won 3-2, but the referee said he was happy to let the game go ahead because he could see both sides of the pitch from the centre circle and so he never lost sight of his linesmen. As for myself, I was able to watch about sixty to seventy per cent of the game and didn't feel at all short changed because it had been made memorable in a way I'm fairly sure it wouldn't have been if it had gone ahead under normal conditions.

Regarding Health and Safety, I'm afraid that it's a sign of the times that clubs don't look at a game where the conditions are not great as a potential three points, but more in terms of how many potential compensation claims are we going to receive from "injured" spectators who are bombarded with advertising telling them about how they can sue someone if they bruise their little finger in a "fall".

Anyway, good to see that Skybet have offered to pay for the travel of those City fans who had a wasted journey yesterday when the match eventually goes ahead.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 31-12-16 at 06:10.

A 12-0 victory would have seen us overtake Brizzle City tonight.

Just logged on, we were 4 miles from the ground when it was called off.

Brighton have delivered the unused food that was prepared for the match to the homeless shelter.

At least we have a busy match day thread for a change

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You never really want games postponed but this may work out better for us in the long run. They are bang on form at the moment and we'll hopefully have brought some new players in by the time the game is rescheduled.
    My thoughts exactly.
    We don't want fixture clog up but it may be beneficial if we have at least 3 new faces in the team by the time it is re-scheduled.