+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fog causes postponement of Brighton v Cardiiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fog causes postponement of Brighton v Cardiiff

Disappointment as hundreds of City fans already in Brighton when game called off

C:WindowsTempphpD61A.tmpLess than two hours before kick off Brighton v Cardiff City has been called off due to heavy fog in the area.

My journey down to the south coast involed fog from Berkshire onwards, speaking to the locals they say it's been foggy all day in Brighton, so why no information earlier from the club?

While ticket costs will be refunded to those who can't make the re-arranged game, there are many of us left out of pocket after a wasted journey.

The referee below states the reasons for the postponement, and you can't legislate against the weather, but I feel Brighton could have given the travlleing fans a bit more warning and allowed them to make a decision about turning around.

Re: Fog causes postponement of Brighton v Cardiiff

Waste of travel time and money. Been in Portsmouth today. Couldn't see the Spinnaker Tower from Gunwharf Keys fog was that bad. Late to call it off though.

What a waste of time and money. Safe journies home to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What a waste of time and money. Safe journies home to all of you.
    At least we didn't lose

I found out as I arrived in Lewes, but at least I had a relatively short drive back to Surrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff City Mad View Post
    Disappointment as hundreds of City fans already in Brighton when game called off

C:WindowsTempphpD61A.tmpLess than two hours before kick off Brighton v Cardiff City has been called off due to heavy fog in the area.

My journey down to the south coast involed fog from Berkshire onwards, speaking to the locals they say it's been foggy all day in Brighton, so why no information earlier from the club?

While ticket costs will be refunded to those who can't make the re-arranged game, there are many of us left out of pocket after a wasted journey.

The referee below states the reasons for the postponement, and you can't legislate against the weather, but I feel Brighton could have given the travlleing fans a bit more warning and allowed them to make a decision about turning around.

C' mon guys Everybody with a radio or a TV have known the Sarf of England has been blanketed in fog for two days and more to come. Its nobodies fault. Be honest, even if most of you knew the game might be called off you would still have gone. Power to all who gave it a go and have a safe trip home lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    C' mon guys Everybody with a radio or a TV have known the Sarf of England has been blanketed in fog for two days and more to come. Its nobodies fault. Be honest, even if most of you knew the game might be called off you would still have gone. Power to all who gave it a go and have a safe trip home lads.
    First I knew there was fog was when we hit it near Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    First I knew there was fog was when we hit it near Reading.
    Reading game now abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    At least we didn't lose

I found out as I arrived in Lewes, but at least I had a relatively short drive back to Surrey.
    You would have given them a decent game tonight. Its been a long time since a Cardiff City game was postponed due to fog.

29.12.2010 / Vicarage road

vr.jpg

SkyBet have said that they will fund travel to the rearranged fixture for anyone who travelled today.

Nice gesture

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    SkyBet have said that they will fund travel to the rearranged fixture for anyone who travelled today.

Nice gesture
    Good one sky bet. First class train all the way then