+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FIFA 17 Game - Fut Draft - WTF

Re: FIFA 17 Game - Fut Draft - WTF

EA have played a blinder with these " buying players "

of course to compete you will need good players

its a shame really, as FIFA was always great to spend a hour or so on for a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    My son keeps on asking me to spend money on FIFA 17 (the game) and something called Fut Draft - which means he can buy a team or something like that to play online.

So far it's cost me about £40 over the last 2 weeks - can someone explain to me what it does, is it a Rip Off and is it entirely needed just to play FIFA 17 ? - at this rate my credit card is going to burn out and I'll' be skint - help please
    No its not essential, its a easy but expensive way of getting a good team together.
    My 12yo and all his mates have battered 17 and previously 16 without any of them spending real money on putting a team together.

Without spending money you are basically Cardiff.
    The way you're going you're Chelsea, wasting money and stockpiling players. Let him have to win games and earn the draft points.

You just need an xbox live account to play online.
    My kid just plays online with his mates or tournaments against the computer.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memb...p-xbox-one-360

This is pretty much the cheapest for xbox live.
    Last edited by Charlie; 03-01-17 at 20:12.

I haven't played the FUT Draft mode (haven't played online at all since FIFA 15), but as with all FIFA Ultimate Team from the last x number of years, you can either build up your 'coins' (the in-game currency) by playing matches (every match earns you a couple of hundred coins, plus a bonus if you win, and a bonus for number of goals scored etc), or you can buy a number of "FIFA points" using real money (i.e. the quick way to do it).

Your coins go towards buying players in an online auction, and you can sell your existing players in those auctions to get extra coins.

You can buy 'packs' of random players for coins or for real currency, and it seems in 'FUT Draft' you can spend your coins/points to enter the FUT draft in which you win rewards if you do well in that tournament. You can spend real currency (converted to 'points') or 15000 'coins' that you build up by playing naturally.

As always, no need to spend real money on the game unless you're extremely impatient (in FIFA '14 or '15 I amassed a few very good teams by just playing matches and building up my coins naturally, while my younger brother spent about £150 that year (in addition to the £40 for the game itself) buying FIFA points to build teams with those few elite players (Messi, Ronaldo, Neuer etc) that are always supremely expensive).

Such a waste as the game itself will be obsolete when FIFA 18 is realised in October, and your teams don't get transferred over.