+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Clement appointed new Swansea manager?

Paul Clement appointed new Swansea manager?

Planet Swamp reckon he is

Re: Paul Clement appointed new Swansea manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Is he the manager to keep them up or they planning long term ie the Championship?

I don't foresee him giving them such a short term boost so they can stay up. Think he is more in line with what you'd expect a Swansea manager to be (focus on possession, European coaching experience) however, so my answer is the Jacks starting to plan for next year early.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't foresee him giving them such a short term boost so they can stay up. Think he is more in line with what you'd expect a Swansea manager to be (focus on possession, European coaching experience) however, so my answer is the Jacks starting to plan for next year early.
    Wonder if he will get a decent amount of cash to spend or will he have to sell Sigursson etc

If you ask me another disaster waiting to happen. Good coach, not a manager.

Very harshly sacked by Derby imo. Seems like the Jacks are going back to the type of manager that got them up to the Prem. Looks like they're planning for the Championship. With the increased parachute payments, they'll be big hitters next season and should at least get in the play offs. Think they would have went for someone like Pardew if they had any ambition of staying up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen_Blue View Post
    If you ask me another disaster waiting to happen. Good coach, not a manager.
    Have to agree there based on his past track record although as someone said he was harshly treated by Derby. I heard a suggestion from a Derby fan that the basis for the sacking was allegedly not entirely football related. However, even if he does turn out to be a top guy then by the time he gets to grips with the team, it may be too late to save them. Based on previous seasons they look to need 26/28 points from 19 games.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Have to agree there based on his past track record although as someone said he was harshly treated by Derby. I heard a suggestion from a Derby fan that the basis for the sacking was allegedly not entirely football related. However, even if he does turn out to be a top guy then by the time he gets to grips with the team, it may be too late to save them. Based on previous seasons they look to need 26/28 points from 19 games.
    Looking at the table now, only the top 8 have 26 or more points at the half way point in the season.

So basically he has to turn them from being the worst side in the league to the 7th best in 18 games.

Massive task that

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Very harshly sacked by Derby imo. Seems like the Jacks are going back to the type of manager that got them up to the Prem. Looks like they're planning for the Championship. With the increased parachute payments, they'll be big hitters next season and should at least get in the play offs. Think they would have went for someone like Pardew if they had any ambition of staying up this season.
    I am not so sure they will be. They have splashed the cash on salaries and i believe have one of the highest percentage salary to income in the premier league. For all the gems they unearth they find some dogs as well. We know how hard it is to shift those sort of players. Will Llorente and Borgia fancy the championship, their resale value has plummeted, so they'll have to take a massive loss and pay them off.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Wonder if he will get a decent amount of cash to spend or will he have to sell Sigursson etc
    I'd be shocked if he was still there next year anyway up or down ,along with a lot of others like Montero,Fer,Ki Sung-yueng,

This aspect of the game has become a merry-go-round.

It would be a real feat for him to save them from the drop now.
    I suspect the Swans will be quite some force in the Championship next season, but look forward to tipping up their cart a couple of times.
    Happy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    This aspect of the game has become a merry-go-round.

It would be a real feat for him to save them from the drop now.
    I suspect the Swans will be quite some force in the Championship next season, but look forward to tipping up their cart a couple of times.
    Happy 2017
    With crowds dropping to 10k, high earners being shipped out to save money, a rebuild needed down at the Caravan park, I could see Swansea struggling as we have. Pretty possession football isn't going to cut it in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    With crowds dropping to 10k, high earners being shipped out to save money, a rebuild needed down at the Caravan park, I could see Swansea struggling as we have. Pretty possession football isn't going to cut it in the Championship.
    They would get substantial parachute payments in that 1st year, would they have to offload their high earners?
    Though it would be likely that some of their players wouldn't want to hand around the Championship.

Ah, well that's their lookout - whatever

They would get substantial parachute payments in that 1st year, would they have to offload their high earners?
    Though it would be likely that some of their players wouldn't want to hand around the Championship.

are the jacks top earners that good though ? ? ?

talk of them " doing well in the championship next season " just might not happen

imho the team they have now would not be storming it this year

Just enough to pay HJ's wages (or bonuses's whatever he is calling it these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Don't bet on the big spending. Given that we've spunked money on wages and settlements they'll probably be used to balance the books.

Model club - my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Pretty possession football? Where have you been for the past 12 months? Have you been in hibernation

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Pretty possession football? Where have you been for the past 12 months? Have you been in hibernation
    i almost felt sorry for you watching MOTD, abject would be doing you a favour, hopefully for you the new manger is a long term appointment and will still be there at Easter

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    i almost felt sorry for you watching MOTD, abject would be doing you a favour, hopefully for you the new manger is a long term appointment and will still be there at Easter

I can't recall a Premier League side having four managers in one season, but could be wrong?
    Clement will be gone by Easter, they will be lucky to take 10 points from the next 10 games and the crowd will turn on him as quickly as they did on Bradley!

Knowing what a toxic atmosphere is surrounding the club, I don't see how Clement thinks he will be able to enhance his reputation, by failing there and fail he will

The fans have been well and truly F***ed over and worse than that it was by their own local heroes including their self proclaimed model trust board member if you believe all the things that are currently being written about?

They used to boast that they ran Petty out of town, which was laughable considering what this lot have done to them they've bent over and been shafted and thanked the board for shafting them

Clement must be a very brave man, desperate for any job or has calculated that he will end up with a big pay off for a couple of months work

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

Clement must be a very brave man, desperate for any job or has calculated that he will end up with a big pay off for a couple of months work
    I am sure when managers take these type of jobs they have a eye on the " leaving by mutual consent payout " nice few hundred K payout for doing not much at all

Petty wasn't 'run out' he lived in Australia and was just a chancer making a quick buck.

However with Palace losing and only having a very short recovery period before Monday it might work in Swanseas favour and a win against the Nigel's will make the table look a bit less disastrous for them

They claimed they ran Petty out of town although they never let facts get in the way of a good story down there!

One day the real truth on what has been happening down there will come out, not that it will make much difference as most of them will have gone back to supporting Liverpool or Manure by then

The way there playing at the moment even the stripey Nigel's will put 2-3 past them on Wednesday night

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

He's got an almost impossible task. Almost.
    I would have thought that if Premiership survival is entirely what is expected of him, then that will be reflected in the contract he gets.
    Either that, or they will take stock of where they are, and refrain from sacking him if there are promising signs. That would be the sensible approach. So it wont be that .. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Petty wasn't 'run out' he lived in Australia and was just a chancer making a quick buck.

However with Palace losing and only having a very short recovery period before MONDAY it might work in Swanseas favour and a win against the Nigel's will make the table look a bit less disastrous for them

They're playing tomorrow, after playing today, F uck me.