+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Cardiff splash the cash?

Will Cardiff splash the cash?

I'm hoping we bring in three or four players in the next few weeks. Will City spend a good amount or go for cheap options?

Re: Will Cardiff splash the cash?

Cheap options

How much would the Barnsley team cost? Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Their midfield battered us thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Phone them

Banned

I can't see Tan giving Neil a massive war chest. VT is not going to throw good money after bad, he probably feels he's given enough of his money to CCFC and no one could blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    I can't see Tan giving Neil a massive war chest. VT is not going to throw good money after bad, he probably feels he's given enough of his money to CCFC and no one could blame him.
    It's difficult to know what Tan gets out of the club now. Besides a drain on his finances.

I suspect Vinnie will have a really good idea regarding Neils reputation and the improvement shown in the last few weeks, I think the budget will be surprising in a good way.

Maybe he will have a bit more trust in Wornock though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    I suspect Vinnie will have a really good idea regarding Neils reputation and the improvement shown in the last few weeks, I think the budget will be surprising in a good way.
    I think you maybe right..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I think you maybe right..
    It would be nice if it happened Stan

We will sign two ineffectual forwards that won't receive any decent supply and they will go out through the revolving door withing 18 months.

I can see us building in this window and adding to it in the summer to make a serious push for promotion next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We will sign two ineffectual forwards that won't receive any decent supply and they will go out through the revolving door withing 18 months.
    I'm hoping we bring in an
    Experienced pacey striker
    A winger with pace
    A centre back
    Centre midfielder
    Adding to the youngster we are already bringing in

I can see us building in this window and adding to it in the summer to make a serious push for promotion next season.
    😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Banned

If you were in VT's boots would you throw more money away? As TBG muted what is Tan getting from CCFC?
    I'd love him to spend millions bringing in quality players but I can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    ��������������������������
    What do the fcuk you know

If you were in VT's boots would you throw more money away? As TBG muted what is Tan getting from CCFC?
    I'd love him to spend millions bringing in quality players but I can't see it happening.
    I mooted rather than muted. You wouldn't have heard me otherwise

In which case why is he still here? There's no real profit to be made in being a Championship side, certainly nothing that would come close to recouping the losses he's already accrued here. For that reason he must either be planning on leaving the club or he's planning on getting back to the Premier League, where teams can make profits if the club is run properly (ie not like ours).

Banned

Good question, why is he still here? I don't think it's for the love of the club seeing as he don't bother coming to the CCS anymore.
    Our chances of reaching the Prem any time soon are remote so VT leaving the club is the more likely scenario imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In which case why is he still here? There's no real profit to be made in being a Championship side, certainly nothing that would come close to recouping the losses he's already accrued here. For that reason he must either be planning on leaving the club or he's planning on getting back to the Premier League, where teams can make profits if the club is run properly (ie not like ours).
    I agree with you Eric he made some howlers to begin with which he never acknowledged, but what he did do was attempt to put it right . He also seems to have people he can trust upstairs now. I think MM has a lot to answer for regarding this . Lets wait and see but I reckon he will really go for it next season .

Good question, why is he still here? I don't think it's for the love of the club seeing as he don't bother coming to the CCS anymore.
    Our chances of reaching the Prem any time soon are remote so VT leaving the club is the more likely scenario imho.
    They've been remote since we were relegated. Not at any stage has the club looked capable of getting back to the top flight. Finally we have a manager in place that knows what it takes to get there and can lay the foundations if he doesn't actually get us there. I think the club realise they've made poor appointments in terms of managers and, in turn, our transfer strategy has failed abysmally.

The only promotion push would be from league 1

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    They've been remote since we were relegated. Not at any stage has the club looked capable of getting back to the top flight. Finally we have a manager in place that knows what it takes to get there and can lay the foundations if he doesn't actually get us there. I think the club realise they've made poor appointments in terms of managers and, in turn, our transfer strategy has failed abysmally.
    I'm not allowed to discuss previous managers but we did threaten a play off spot not so long ago. Neil has a good track record so hopefully he can get us there one day.

I think he's here to stay until we are a top ten premiership club and even then i don't believe he will sell..