+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morrison on his way out of the club?!?

Morrison on his way out of the club?!?

Re: Morrison on his way out of the club?!?

To be fair we've got 4 first choice centre halfs so one has to go if we are looking to raise funds.
    I thought it would be Manga, but if someone is offering good money for Morrison and no one willing to pay for Manga who's only got a few months left on his contract I wouldn't write this off.

Might give us a few worries whilst African Nations is on if it happens quickly

Abertawe Town please please buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Abertawe Town please please buy him.
    I'll call the taxi , poor mans Hudson , no pace, not a true inspirational captain, gets turned , bad timing , lurches into tackles, okay in oppositions penalty box ,not so ours due to his poor choice of positioning and organisation .

If he has been a keeper he would have been dropped by now.

I'm amazed at some of the negative comments I've read about Morrison!

The guy is tremendous at this level, he wins headers in both boxes, a strong tackler, and a good leader on and off the pitch.

I'm not surprised Premier League clubs are looking at him, obviously top managers know a little more than some of our fans!

It will be risk to sell the captain and a CB theoretically yet to enter his best years.

A big move hopefully means big money for us. Although I like Morrison I would not be too disheartened if he left for the right price if it provided Warnock with more flexibility to improve the squad as a whole. If he leaves, during Manga's absence, we have Connolly & Ajayi to come in. Also Peltier has played centre half before so could slot in there if required.

Maybe Everton will buy him?
    They are just realising that they paid £14M for a centre back who's slow, can't tackle, and couldn't head a bus queue!

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Maybe Everton will buy him?
    They are just realising that they paid £14M for a centre back who's slow, can't tackle, and couldn't head a bus queue!
    I wonder if Swansea would be in the position they find themselves in if they had kept him?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I wonder if Swansea would be in the position they find themselves in if they had kept him?
    Without doubt.

The game has changed in the last 12 months, defenders have to defend now, getting pressed on the ball high up the pitch means no more time for them to tippy tappy it around the back 4, and just sit back on the 18 yard line.

Bartley was the stand out defender for them, as he is proving at Leeds this season, meanwhile Williams has been found out big time.

Without doubt.

The game has changed in the last 12 months, defenders have to defend now, getting pressed on the ball high up the pitch means no more time for them to tippy tappy it around the back 4, and just sit back on the 18 yard line.

Bartley was the stand out defender for them, as he is proving at Leeds this season, meanwhile Williams has been found out big time.
    If the game has changed within the last 12 months then why only after facing Chelsea have things started to turn a bit sour for Everton?

The guy is tremendous at this level, he wins headers in both boxes, a strong tackler, and a good leader on and off the pitch.

I'm not surprised Premier League clubs are looking at him, obviously top managers know a little more than some of our fans!
    The only premiership club likely to land him would be Swansea,I would say he is good at this level and felt for a while he is too stagnate a centre back , now Sol Bamba is tremendous at this level as is Manga ,when he tries,I would prefer Connolly at centre back.

The tweet says "Big move coming up" Anyone think that he just might be moving house?!

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If the game has changed within the last 12 months then why only after facing Chelsea have things started to turn a bit sour for Everton?
    The fixture list was kind to them at the start of the season, they now find themselves amongst the 'also rans', 3 points clear of Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The only premiership club likely to land him would be Swansea,I would say he is good at this level and felt for a while he is too stagnate a centre back , now Sol Bamba is tremendous at this level as is Manga ,when he tries,I would prefer Connolly at centre back.
    Agree with you about Manga and Bamba, but not Connolly I'm afraid, for me, him and Peltier have been poor this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    The tweet says "Big move coming up" Anyone think that he just might be moving house?!
    Or planning a poo.

Not enough in our box!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'll call the taxi , poor mans Hudson , no pace, not a true inspirational captain, gets turned , bad timing , lurches into tackles, okay in oppositions penalty box ,not so ours due to his poor choice of positioning and organisation .

If he has been a keeper he would have been dropped by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not enough in our box!

Don't start him off, had this debate with him when Caulker went to Southamton and he said the same then "about more trust in Koeman, as he was a football manager"

I was proved right then and I can't be arsed debating a point, when it shows the The Captain of Wales has helped Everton this season.

PS:--- Caulker's still shite.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Don't start him off, had this debate with him when Caulker went to Southamton and he said the same then "about more trust in Koeman, as he was a football manager"

I was proved right then and I can't be arsed debating a point, when it shows the The Captain of Wales has helped Everton this season.

PS:--- Caulker's still shite.
    He's helped Everton to be 3 points clear of the mighty Bournemouth!

You watch 99% of the games pissed as a fart, and it shows in your analysis of our players !

Stick to making money off your fellow fans, you're better at that.

He's helped Everton to be 3 points clear of the mighty Bournemouth!

You watch 99% of the games pissed as a fart, and it shows in your analysis of our players !

Stick to making money off your fellow fans, you're better at that.
    Stop press!

OAP (Old Aged Pisshead) who's never played the game, knows more about professional footballers than Klopp, and a host of other Premier League managers!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...s-Jurgen-Klopp

If morrison is sold it further demonstrates the crazy club we have become. Manga has been desperate to get away for two seasons and his agent has touted him all over the gaff fir all that time and still cant get a buyer yet we may let morrison go?
    For those who are of the opinion a manga bamba partnership is the future..... I think you need therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    If morrison is sold it further demonstrates the crazy club we have become. Manga has been desperate to get away for two seasons and his agent has touted him all over the gaff fir all that time and still cant get a buyer yet we may let morrison go?
    For those who are of the opinion a manga bamba partnership is the future..... I think you need therapy.
    If Manga's agent can't drum up interest - as you have suggested - then perhaps we have entered the stage where we can get good money for Morrison and see the chance to strengthen elsewhere as better than keeping him around.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If Manga's agent can't drum up interest - as you have suggested - then perhaps we have entered the stage where we can get good money for Morrison and see the chance to strengthen elsewhere as better than keeping him around.

I should imagine Morrison is on silly wages ,didn't we sign from Reading around the time they were desperate to offload and reduce thier wage bill.

Made an astonishing block today , when a goal looked a cert for Villa . Very dangerous in the oppositions box too . He will do for me .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Made an astonishing block today , when a goal looked a cert for Villa . Very dangerous in the oppositions box too . He will do for me .
    He did make some good interceptions today and that was the best of them. However, I wish he'd learn how to pass to our players as he seems to think his job is done just by getting it clear. Inevitably the ball comes straight back in. We've got to learn how to diffuse pressure better.