+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City preparing 500K bid for Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City preparing 500K bid for Aberdeen winger Jonny Hayes...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Don't know much about him at all, but he's thirty in the summer, so it looks like he'd be yet another player signed who we'd struggle to make a profit on.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don't know much about him at all, but he's thirty in the summer, so it looks like he'd be yet another player signed who we'd struggle to make a profit on.
    Maybe we ain't buying him with a view to selling him

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Could be true but I would still prefer to see City spending on younger talent that we can build on.
    I know it's tempting to sort a side out to avoid relegation but we should be bolder and think longer term.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Apart from Sheffield Wednesday and Villa I cannot think of one Championship team this season that has not based it's transfer spending on receipts from players sold over the past year or so. Since Malky Mackay left, we have been brilliant at signing expensive players who leave for next to nothing. We've got the whole thing arse backwards and, with no sigh yet of us being able to produce our own players who could fund the putting together of a side which would stand a chance of going up, we have to rely on signing players with the potential to be sold at a big profit - I don't see signing players who will be thirty in a few months time as doing that.