Blog Entries

Re: They have brought their guns today

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I can see a new 'Terrorist' tax being implemented soon
    Don't give them ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Don't give them ideas.
    Well income tax was only introduced to fight the Napoleonic Wars, which I'm presuming are over now

Income Tax

Income tax was first implemented in Great Britain by William Pitt the Younger in his budget of December 1798 to pay for weapons and equipment in preparation for the Napoleonic Wars. Pitt's new graduated (progressive) income tax began at a levy of 2 old pence in the pound (1/120) on incomes over £60 (£5,696 as of 2015),[7] and increased up to a maximum of 2 shillings (10%) on incomes of over £200. Pitt hoped that the new income tax would raise £10 million, but actual receipts for 1799 totalled just over £6 million.[9]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Well income tax was only introduced to fight the Napoleonic Wars, which I'm presuming are over now

Income Tax

Income tax was first implemented in Great Britain by William Pitt the Younger in his budget of December 1798 to pay for weapons and equipment in preparation for the Napoleonic Wars. Pitt's new graduated (progressive) income tax began at a levy of 2 old pence in the pound (1/120) on incomes over £60 (£5,696 as of 2015),[7] and increased up to a maximum of 2 shillings (10%) on incomes of over £200. Pitt hoped that the new income tax would raise £10 million, but actual receipts for 1799 totalled just over £6 million.[9]

Why didn't they shoot that bloody plane down .

On a serious note we probably have a few loons living amongst us and the threat level must be high to sanction the positioning of armed officers at any event.

The more the merrier I say as long as our families get home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Fred The Skin took a sawn off to Luton away in 76.
    The lying bastard! I lived next door to him in 76, and when I asked if I could borrow a large hacksaw, he said he didn't have one !!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The lying bastard! I lived next door to him in 76, and when I asked if I could borrow a large hacksaw, he said he didn't have one !!
    He used a junior one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Just walked by a couple of policemen with machine guns in the car park . Apparently there are more round the ground . Said to the ones I saw "expecting trouble ?"" I hope not "he replied ...... oh how we laughed ..
    Apparently Vincent Tan called SWP and told them to "shoooooot more"